mistapickles

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:15 AM

View PostTechnology, on 22 May 2011 - 06:50 AM, said:

lol. what is a garrett .63 mm turbo? less than a millimeter inlet, eh? I think you mean .63 a/r, and that only describes the size of the turbine housing. How big are the turbos? Also, a famous movie quote for your power wishes. You can wish in one hand, and crap in the other and see which gets filled first. lol

I want to do a sidestep on a 5500rpm 2-step at 30 psi with slicks. Will it handle that?
you can make any transmission fail, but for what most people are doing a rebuilt stock trans is fine
86 Mitsubishi Starion; 89 engine, trans, rear end, spindles, wire harness and computer; 16g
[IMG]http://i383.photobuc...kles/JDANCE.gif

#42 mistapickles

mistapickles

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:25 AM

View PostBill Hincher, on 22 May 2011 - 07:42 AM, said:

show me the starter in Charles system? and why not a T 56?
apperently Charles has already done it...leave him a comment, he'll help you.  He did say that a mildly built 6G puts the stock Starion trans at it's limit
86 Mitsubishi Starion; 89 engine, trans, rear end, spindles, wire harness and computer; 16g

#43 mistapickles

mistapickles

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

View Postphinko, on 22 May 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

Have seen freshly rebuilt stockers with cryod gears explode. What, you think Chris Plebani wasnt trying to make it work?

btw, your sig is disturbing...........love it!
My sig is for everybody...the one on the left is a friend of mine, she's for all the fellas...the one on the right is for the guy who complained about a comment I made on "my" profile, I figured since he acted like a gossipy woman but still has man plumbing he'd prefer a man that looked like a woman dancing

Edited by mistapickles, 22 May 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#44 Turbo_Addict

Turbo_Addict

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • Interests:More boost please...

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

View PostTechnology, on 22 May 2011 - 06:50 AM, said:

lol. what is a garrett .63 mm turbo? less than a millimeter inlet, eh? I think you mean .63 a/r, and that only describes the size of the turbine housing. How big are the turbos? Also, a famous movie quote for your power wishes. You can wish in one hand, and crap in the other and see which gets filled first. lol

Wow, drop a . in by accident and get railed...  now I remember why I stopped visiting this site.  From what I was told, these are 61 or 63 mm turbos, I just re-measured and they are 61mm, and they have a 50 a/r.  And also from what I was told is that this motor made close to 800hp on the dyno when it was built - but what do I know right?  

If anyone wants to see progress, go to 26liter.us  -  no more posts in this place

Edited by Turbo_Addict, 22 May 2011 - 04:37 PM.

Apparently 400 HP / 530 TQ to the wheels was not enough...  6G72 Twin Turbo swap in progress
Car Domain site
Posted Image

#45 BOHO

BOHO

Sucks at life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,102 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

Sadness...Keep up the good work Turbo
87 Starion 2jz

Posted Image

#46 mistapickles

mistapickles

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:12 PM

oh get a grip...its a comment from somebody that is probably 1000s of miles away, that you will probably never meet, over a mistake you made....its not the end of the world

political correctness is leading to the end of America...everybody's skin is too thin...

#47 Bill Hincher

Bill Hincher

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Interests:Busty big Gurls and small cars
  • Model:Other

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

View Postmistapickles, on 22 May 2011 - 10:25 AM, said:

apperently Charles has already done it...leave him a comment, he'll help you.  He did say that a mildly built 6G puts the stock Starion trans at it's limit
is the starter on the drivers side? I asked, no reply
Posted Image

#48 mistapickles

mistapickles

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

View PostBill Hincher, on 22 May 2011 - 03:35 PM, said:

is the starter on the drivers side? I asked, no reply
I responded, but I guess you didn't like the answer.  I said "apperently Charles has already done it...leave him a comment, he'll help you."  You know who he is, you know his name, ask him.  I obviously don't know how he did it, so my answer wouldn't help you.

#49 Technology

Technology

TheNerdyProfessor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,391 posts
  • Interests:Lots of boost!

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

View Postmistapickles, on 22 May 2011 - 03:12 PM, said:

oh get a grip...its a comment from somebody that is probably 1000s of miles away, that you will probably never meet, over a mistake you made....its not the end of the world

political correctness is leading to the end of America...everybody's skin is too thin...

Ok, OP, I'm sorry for being so harsh. I believe thick skin on the internet is good to have, but if people like me were nicer, it wouldn't be necessary. Please don't stop posting here because of me haha.

I have a friend who had a >700 awhp stealth and it had issues with lifting heads. It's a lot of power, that's all.

Edited by Technology, 22 May 2011 - 10:25 PM.

#50 Bag-O-Chips

Bag-O-Chips

Too close for missles, switching to guns!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • Interests:welding toothpicks to battleships.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:25 AM

Technology is E-Thugging again :lol: Be nice or it gets the hose again!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

E85, GT4088R, Dual Synapse 50mm wastegates, Apexi AVC-R, Griffin Radiator, 2G Eclipse Flexalite fans, AEM 30-1300, HKS 301 cam, LSP built Marnel head, Del West 1mm oversized Titanium valves, Del West Titanium Valve lock/retainers, LSP Valve Springs, 1600cc injectors, SX AFPR, Fuelab Prodigy 140gph pump, Fuelab Filter, Bag-O-Chips  Twin scroll header, Chad's MPI Manifold, 70mm Throttle, 4.62 gearset, Wiseco .030", R&R Aluminum billet Rods, ARP everything, Toyo R888's.

#51 Technology

Technology

TheNerdyProfessor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,391 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:00 AM

speaking of hoses, I think hosed everyone on here and now we won't get updates. Sorry all.

#52 Bill Hincher

Bill Hincher

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Interests:Busty big Gurls and small cars

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

View PostTechnology, on 23 May 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

speaking of hoses, I think hosed everyone on here and now we won't get updates. Sorry all.

morning after regrets? dont worry Tech, I remeber my first beer too.
Posted Image

#53 Technology

Technology

TheNerdyProfessor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,391 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

haha, something like that.

#54 Turbo_Addict

Turbo_Addict

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

View PostTechnology, on 23 May 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

My apologies - I was having a crappy day and over reacted.
Apparently 400 HP / 530 TQ to the wheels was not enough...  6G72 Twin Turbo swap in progress
Car Domain site
Posted Image

#55 Technology

Technology

TheNerdyProfessor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,391 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:47 AM

You and me both, I guess.

#56 Bag-O-Chips

Bag-O-Chips

Too close for missles, switching to guns!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts
  • Interests:welding toothpicks to battleships.

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:25 PM

I'm sorry too, For what... i don't know
^_^

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

E85, GT4088R, Dual Synapse 50mm wastegates, Apexi AVC-R, Griffin Radiator, 2G Eclipse Flexalite fans, AEM 30-1300, HKS 301 cam, LSP built Marnel head, Del West 1mm oversized Titanium valves, Del West Titanium Valve lock/retainers, LSP Valve Springs, 1600cc injectors, SX AFPR, Fuelab Prodigy 140gph pump, Fuelab Filter, Bag-O-Chips  Twin scroll header, Chad's MPI Manifold, 70mm Throttle, 4.62 gearset, Wiseco .030", R&R Aluminum billet Rods, ARP everything, Toyo R888's.

#57 Technology

Technology

TheNerdyProfessor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,391 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:48 AM

You should be, ya trouble maker!

#58 Michaels_RT

Michaels_RT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:cars and stuff

Posted 25 May 2011 - 11:29 PM

So just to confirm something else about your setup I went and talked to a shop friend of mine about those return lines.
There was no mention of my question about the setup and I did want to say that after talking to the shop out here, you might want to re-route those return lines to not have that dead leg in the flow. It is a gravity fed setup and could back out oil.
Its a thought, it might be a small chance, might be a certainty, but either way I wouldnt want to risk my turbos over a relatively easy fix.

Aside from that, looks incredible.

On a side note from my ideas I did decide to not go forward with this on a Starion. Instead this build inspired me to go a little different route. We (I say WE because this isnt going to be me alone), are going to build a RWD setup with the MIVEC motor twin turbo charged on another Stealth. I am 6'3" and 280 lbs and to be honest I didnt fit all that great in my last Starion. So decided to stick with the Stealth platform. Planning on running a 300ZX Z32 5Spd MT mated to a Stealth 6 spd rear end. Project will get under way here pretty soon. Sourcing parts right now. Already bought the chassis.

I was talking myself into another Starion mainly because I farging love these things lol. I dont fit for s*** in it, but I love looking at them lol. Best looking car of the 80s!
Anyways, I will be around. Best of luck Turbo!

Hope to see some of you at MOD! lol

Michael

#59 Turbo_Addict

Turbo_Addict

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:23 AM

View PostMichaels_RT, on 25 May 2011 - 11:29 PM, said:

So just to confirm something else about your setup I went and talked to a shop friend of mine about those return lines.
There was no mention of my question about the setup and I did want to say that after talking to the shop out here, you might want to re-route those return lines to not have that dead leg in the flow. It is a gravity fed setup and could back out oil.
Its a thought, it might be a small chance, might be a certainty, but either way I wouldnt want to risk my turbos over a relatively easy fix.

Yes,  I have noticed that and a buddy of mine who has lost a turbo because of that same reason brought it up as well - that will definitely be addressed and probably just have new/shorter lines made.  There are a lot of little fixes that need to be made, but all in all, the heavy lifting stuff is done, just needs a bit of tweaking here and there.  Thanks!
Car Domain site
Posted Image

#60 button

button

Rest dummy with dial indicator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

I would love to see bills 6g72 adapter. this is a motor with a lot of potential, normally being applied the wrong way.
being in a rwd platform, like the quest or a montero, but for fun on road use, this could be bad.
you could use that adapter to make a rwd stealth/3kgt.
or you could use a sohc v6 and still make decent power with a turbo and some light internal mods. save some cash and sport the old fashioned sohc like the car came with.
either way... sweeeeet.
-Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users