22 replies to this topic

#1 Mnementh

Mnementh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi - Atlantic blue.  Completely original except that I broke down and bought new tires last summer.  Otherwise everything is in good original shape.  All hoses, belts, etc.  Absolutely NO rust, NEVER driven in the winter.  I'm the second owner, bought it from my friend who originally purchased it.  If you went to the national meet in Branson back in 2011 you saw it.  1300 miles round trip with no problems whatsoever.  At this time I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere in the US except, of course, it handles like s*** on the snow and ice!  The only things wrong with this car is that the radio and steering wheel controls are both peeling slightly and the paint has a few minor parking dings.  Otherwise it's a wonderful car and I'm only getting rid of it 'cause I'll not be around soon and I don't want my wife to sell it to someone on Craigslist for $500 and have them turn it into a drift machine and ruin it.

$7500 - Call Mark at 651-468-6116.

Thanks!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Starquests, I will fear no Evo: for thou ralliart with me; thy g54b and thy turbo they comfort me.

#2 freebird

freebird

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • Interests:time is of no moment, but only what your doing

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:45 AM

wow...I'd bet there is only a handful left in this color.
I really hope someone saves this car!......Also hope you'll be around for many years to come.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 deusdeceptor

deusdeceptor

• Newbies
  • PipPipPip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Girls, Mtn and Rd Biking, Reefer, Photography, Audiophile, Cars, Basketball, Alcohol, Music and Traveling.

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

just ran the carfax....  do u know why says it is black and the mileage is weird.... 09/19/1991   26,000   Minnesota
Inspection Station   Passed emissions inspection 09/25/1992   29,000   Minnesota
Inspection Station   Passed emissions inspection 09/18/1993   30,000   Minnesota
Inspection Station   Passed emissions inspection 09/14/1994   31,000   Minnesota
Inspection Station   Passed emissions inspection 09/21/1995   71,000   Minnesota
Inspection Station   Passed emissions inspection 12/11/2001   6,960   Minnesota
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Winnebago, MN
Title #K11008525   Title or registration issued
Vehicle color noted as Black

MILEAGE INCONSISTENCY Posted Image
Posted Image
  • The mileage reported here conflicts with this vehicle's odometer history. Ask a mechanic or the seller to confirm the actual mileage - this entry may just be a clerical error.
09/27/2002      Minnesota
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Winnebago, MN
Vehicle color noted as Black 09/26/2003      Minnesota
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Winnebago, MN
Vehicle color noted as Black 03/25/2005      Minnesota
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Blue Earth, MN
Registration updated when owner moved
the vehicle to a new location
Vehicle color noted as Black 05/23/2006      Minnesota
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Blue Earth, MN
Vehicle color noted as Black 05/21/2008      Minnesota
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Blue Earth, MN   Registration updated when owner moved
the vehicle to a new location 05/16/2011      Minnesota
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Saint Paul, MN
Title #G1360V371   Title issued or updated
Registration issued or renewed
New owner reported
Exempt from odometer reporting
Vehicle color noted as Black
Posted Image
-94 Toyota Supra Custom Widebody single turbo APU +++ w/ DPEs
-01 Lexus IS300 Custom Widebody swapped LS3 525hp Crate Motor with Tremec Magnum / CCW classics
-71 Datsun 240z Restored and Flared / TE37vs
-87 Conquest
-99 Dodge Ram 2500HD Laramie

#4 Mnementh

Mnementh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:28 AM

I don't know whether to be insulated or proud that I've been on here for so long that my intro post, car post and pics have all disappeared!  -_-;

And don't get me started about Carfax!  The only vehicle I purchased long distance I had a carfax done cause it was very low mileage.  Came up perfectly clear.  Went for a personal inspection to buy and saw it had accident repair (carfax said no accidents).  Got the price down, drove it home & later my mechanic showed me I was wrong!  The vehicle had been repaired from at least two, possibly THREE accidents.  Since then I've heard lots of other stories and have never paid for a carfax report again and when one is offered I accept it as anecdotal information.

First off, unless you're color blind, you can see the color is Atlantic Blue, a greyish slate blue.  Code B71
Posted Image

And when I bought it it had almost 39,000 miles on it.  
Posted Image

If you are actually serious and not just an armchair nit picker, please give me a call.  I can provide dozens of pics and documentation back to when the car was purchased in 1987.

Thank you.
Posted Image

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Starquests, I will fear no Evo: for thou ralliart with me; thy g54b and thy turbo they comfort me.

#5 xricer

xricer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:cars, sport bikes, humps, gaps, golf, black ops

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:52 PM

Looks like a sweet buy! Crappy sale situation though. Good luck to you!!! Ps.. I have zero trust in carfax as well.

#6 GOFASTER

GOFASTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:08 AM

This is the same color my parents had when I was in high school.  If I only had $7500.  Dammit!!
Avatar removed, please review: http://www.starquest...tion=boardrules

#7 Mnementh

Mnementh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:18 PM

Still available.  Had fun at a few car shows & the all Mitsu cookout this summer though the sarcoma is messing with the nerves in my right leg and you may have seen me gimping around with my walker...  >_<

I'll empathize that this is a second owner car with everything original on it that came from the factory excluding the tires & battery.  

It also has the only factory option available (sunroof).

I'm really surprised these haven't taken off with the current popularity of vintage Japanese cars.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see the middle pic was at a show where the Conquest was the second newest car and ONLY foreign car - it was basically a NHRA buddy-buddy show...live and learn!  The last pic was at a Japanese Nostalgic meet up.  I laugh at 'nostalgic' because the Conquest was the oldest car there by 4 years!  ^_^
Posted Image

#8 Mnementh

Mnementh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:22 PM

Forgot to mention, I also found one of the photoshoots I did of the car when I first got it & detailed it: http://www.starquest...l=+wayne +manor

Also, my introduction thread is: http://www.starquest...2

Edited by Mnementh, 04 November 2015 - 02:24 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Crazy larry

Crazy larry

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • Interests:Cool Cars

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:26 PM

Awesome car    GLWS
87 Atlantic blue v-8   89 Fiji blue unmolested stock low mileage.  Daily driver 87 Black. 88 white Drift car..SOLD

#10 brewer

brewer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:11 PM

Hi, hope all is well.  I know this thread has been sitting quiet for a little while, but do you still have the car for sale?  Looking for something original, clean, and unmolested.

#11 Mnementh

Mnementh

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:08 PM

Hi, the car IS still available though I've not been as aggressive about selling it 'cause it's in winter storage.  (Not to mention my latest round of chemotherapy that started last Dec has been terrible)

You can either call or text me at the number listed, though please be patient, I may not reply very quickly.

Thanks!
Posted Image

#12 creakyjoints

creakyjoints

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

One of the only Atlantic cars I've seen that is this nice. Most are in sad shape. Wish I could buy it. Have silver and yellow. Nowwant some blues!

Edited by creakyjoints, 15 February 2016 - 11:07 AM.

the dude in the honda said, i thought you said your car was slow, my response was.. well you said yours was fast so i guess we both lied.. haha

#13 SlickDizzy

SlickDizzy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:53 AM

Beautiful, beautiful car. More than I'm looking to spend (and so nice I'd feel bad tracking it at Road America), but I hope you get every last penny of $7500 out of it!

Edited by SlickDizzy, 16 February 2016 - 02:04 PM.

~Desmond
1999 BMW 528i touring 5-speed

#14 Quest_in_Progress

Quest_in_Progress

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:anything that goes fast!!

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:09 PM

nice car Mark.. hope the sale goes well but more importantly stay strong through your chemo man..best of luck to you!

#15 brewer

brewer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:20 AM

Mnementh, on 14 February 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

Hi, the car IS still available though I've not been as aggressive about selling it 'cause it's in winter storage.  (Not to mention my latest round of chemotherapy that started last Dec has been terrible)

You can either call or text me at the number listed, though please be patient, I may not reply very quickly.

Thanks!

Hey.  I just wanted to say thank you for responding even though you evidently have more important issues to address at this time.  I think the car presents beautifully and I really appreciate the story behind you saving it from your friend who may have let it go say, unappreciated.  Based on how you describe the car, your asking price is fair as well.  I will forward you my direct contact info for you to have.  Feel free to reach out when you have the time, I am an able buyer, but not in a rush.  Focus on your health and family first.  Personally, I hope you call me in the spring and say "hey, I'm keeping the car because I feel great!".  Until then...be well.

#16 corellian corvette

corellian corvette

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

Mnementh I'm sorry about your situation. I'm interested in your car. Just sent you a text.
1988 Conquest TSI
.. and a bunch of other cars

#17 KT

KT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

I just saw this car on BaT.  I wish I was in a better position to pull the trigger and bring her home.

KT
1988 Conquest - Blue - 14.4s 1/4mi
1999 LS7 C5 540HP/520TQ
2002 F-250 7.3L PSD CC 4X4 240HP/475TQ
2012 VW Jetta TDI

#18 Pietro931

Pietro931

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Japanese and 80s sports cars

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:40 PM

Is the car still available?

#19 Pietro931

Pietro931

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Japanese and 80s sports cars

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:00 AM

Hey guys, I asked a while back if this car was still available and never heard back on its status. Does anyone know if it still available?

#20 fuel

fuel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:07 PM

did you try calling the number that was left in the first post? I would say it has sold...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users