need help fast

my car is not wanting to build more than a few pounds of boost usually 15 psi now not even 5psi i put my foot into it and it feels like a dead dog feels like im running without a turbo. i checked for boost leaks, checked to make sure the waste gate acctuator wasn't stuck open i need ideas and quick

my car is not wanting to build more than a few pounds of boost usually 15 psi now not even 5psi i put my foot into it and it feels like a dead dog feels like im running without a turbo. i checked for boost leaks, checked to make sure the waste gate acctuator wasn't stuck open i need ideas and quick

If you have a MBC, Try closing it all the way, then opening it back up. Other than that, i'd say there is a Boost Leak somewhere.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

Its a possibility. if im not mistaken you crank the car and have a friend give it gas to where it should be building boost say around 2500 rpm maybe a little more and feel hole where bov vents you shouldn't feel any air coming out until you let off the gas

Sounds like an intercooler coupler leak. When a coupler slides off the end of a tube, it will appear intact and the clamp still tight as its just at the very end of the tube and you'll not know it unless you can pull on it you won't find it by squeezing it. When the boost is made the hoses move and the air goes out the crack and no boost can be made and you hear the hissing. Might be a torn coupler too. Intercooler tubes must have a rolled lip on the end or weld beads so as the tube does slide the clamp reaches this edge and can't go further. Tbolt clamps and mash thin wall tubing too and the tube V shape fold towards the inside. Edited by Indiana

wastegate came loose, lmao..

a clogged cat would do it as well, are you running the stock cats?..

disconnect exhaust before the cat, rev motor, if it builds boost, you has a hairballed kitty

Edited by The Rabbit1

tech sorry i did check everything u said sorry i didnt respond. everything was fine there now here is the really freaky thing im driving the car home from work today and all of a sudden it started spooling up and working fine still never found what triggered the problem in the first place. and for the answer to rabbit the car has 3inch turbo back with a high flow cat

Perform a Waste gate actuator test. The diaphragm might be damaged, but not enough to make it happen all the time. Information can be found under Group 11 Intake and Exhaust System - Turbocharger: Page 11-15. Download the 1988 Factory Service Manual here: http://www.starquestgarage.com

Bill

Edited by Caliber308