Magna M6/M7 heads $350!

Frosty

Hey guys. I'm australian and able to get a small number of magna heads and intakes, at the moment I have two of each.

I'm hoping to be able to competitively sell these in small numbers because basically I think may be able to offer a better deal than what is available to people in the US.

what I have

2x magna M6/M7 cylinder head inc. all valves, valve springs, rockers etc.

these are NOT a reco head but they have been pressure tested at a reputable cylinder head workshop and they passed with flying colours.

CAMSHAFTS NOT INCLUDED DUE TO WEIGHT.

2x Magna short runner intakes and fuel rail to suit. these are the earlier MPI manifold, not the TR/TS model which have problems with fouling in the engine bay.

SENSORS, INJECTORS, THROTTLE BODY ETC ARE NOT INCLUDED.

I will try to post pics up upon request so you will know exactly what is being offered here.

I have been informed that sea mail usually takes between 8-10 weeks to get to your nearest post office but the savings make it worth while.

Cylinder head only $365 SHIPPED VIA SEA MAIL!

intakes + fuel rails can now only be bought in group purchases of three. which are sent directly to chad for modification. price is $145 ea SHIPPED VIA SEA MAIL TO CHAD!

Please remember that the cylinder heads have been pressure tested and that all prices are inclusive of shipping to your PO and insurance is included.

All prices are in USD. payment will be via paypal.

I will occasionally adjust prices depending on the economy.

please feel free to e-mail me for any questions or enquiries

frosty_the_punk@austarnet.com.au

cheers, fellas. ;)

edit: need these heads gone ASAP to make room in the shed. so price has been dropped to $350. pics pn page 3. only have two so better get in quick! ;)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M8 casting cylinder heads are higher compression due to their smaller combustion "kidney" shaped design. ports are the same as the M6/M7 casting heads although they supposedly flow less due to valve shrouding.

I run an M8 head on my naturally aspirated scorpion with 12:1 compression(modified). goes like stink :)

the reason why they are called an m6/m7/m8 cylinder head is because it's the casting mark.

m1 through m5 are supposedly prone to cracking between the valves.

(i personally have never had a problem with an M5 head)

M6/M7 they completely overhauled the port design making it flow better and they used better quality material for the casting to make them more reliable.

M8 they redesigned the chamber design to increase the compression to get more power out of them as the magnas were all naturally aspirated.

I wouldn't recommend the M8 for a turbo though, not unless you change your pistons to compensate. in theory they should are a more complex design which is more resistant to detonation. but flow less. it's hard to say which would outweigh the other for a turbo application. I honestly don't know anyone who has compared a M6 to an M8 back to back.

I could provide an M8 cylinder head upon request.

I chose to offer sea mail for people in similar position to you.

buying a head or head+intake in combined sea mail postage will save you $120-$180 compared to some suppliers in the US if you include their postage costs.

I'd be surprised if you'll find a better deal anywhere.

sorry made a mistake.

can offer an unmodified MPI intake for $175 via sea mail. insured and shipped to your nearest post office.

no go on the air freight though. postage is the killer.

is this 175 for an mpi intake shipped to me?

$175 will get you the magna MPI intake and fuel rail to you via sea mail which is about 8 weeks. completely registered and insured.

UPDATE: I've contacted the shipping service and they will deliver to your door during business hours. if nobody is home when delivery is made then the item must be picked up at the post office.

I'm feeling generous today so i'll knock $5 off the price, which makes it $170

will have pics up after work tonight for those who are interested.

these heads have been cleaned in a wash tank, so you'll be able to have a good idea of what is on offer, no built up grime etc.

also for the near future, if there are three people who are local to each other I might be able to send 3 unmodified MPI intakes+fuel rails to one address for $420. which would equate to $140 each, this would be via sea mail.

any potential interest for that?

also for the near future, if there are three people who are local to each other I might be able to send 3 unmodified MPI intakes+fuel rails to one address for $420. which would equate to $140 each, this would be via sea mail.

any potential interest for that?

im interested, if we can find two others :wink:

I'm still unsure of whether i can get three intakes in under the weight limit.

will update as soon as i find out.

also the $420 price for three intakes would be 8 week sea mail, all in the one package. so I would send to one buyer's postal address and the other two buyers would either pick them up from there or all three buyers would have to negotiate postage from there.

in short, it would be up to the buyers to organise pickup time/location or postage costs from one US address to another.

Also attention to Jim Bessing.

I tried to reply to your e-mail but i'm not sure if it went through, something to do with a spam blocker?

anyhow i will find out what i can about sourcing a new plenum gasket. i can send you a second hand one free of charge if you are really in a jam. all i need is your postal address.

I'm not trying to create business for myself, but prospective buyers that plan on getting a magna and want me to mod it for them, can have them sent directely to me, and I then ship it finnished to the buyer.

Kinda like a GP, the buyers get reduced shipping and the seller will have fewer boxes to ship.

For those that don't know, I mod them for $150 plus $15 shipping.

If others want random smaller Aussie items like gaskets or whetever, I'd gladly forward those items for just postage costs (no handeling fees). This could include larger items too in package deals. I just hate to see international postage wasted on multiple items. for extimating purposes, it's about $1 per pound within the US.

I'm still unsure of whether i can get three intakes in under the weight limit.

will update as soon as i find out.

also the $420 price for three intakes would be 8 week sea mail, all in the one package. so I would send to one buyer's postal address and the other two buyers would either pick them up from there or all three buyers would have to negotiate postage from there.

in short, it would be up to the buyers to organise pickup time/location or postage costs from one US address to another.

id be willing to accept the shipment from AU and ship out to the other two members if this happens. Who wants to be the third person?

I'm not trying to create business for myself, but prospective buyers that plan on getting a magna and want me to mod it for them, can have them sent directely to me, and I then ship it finnished to the buyer.

Kinda like a GP, the buyers get reduced shipping and the seller will have fewer boxes to ship.

For those that don't know, I mod them for $150 plus $15 shipping.

If others want random smaller Aussie items like gaskets or whetever, I'd gladly forward those items for just postage costs (no handeling fees). This could include larger items too in package deals. I just hate to see international postage wasted on multiple items. for extimating purposes, it's about $1 per pound within the US.

this is good thinking actually chad! would total $305 including all shipping.

but keep in mind a buyer would have to allow international sea travel time of around 8 weeks AND however long it takes chad to modify them.

i'm pretty sure i've answered all PM's now, possibly a few were answered twice out of utter confusion :oops:

if i've missed anybody your best bet is to e-mail me on frosty_the_punk@austarnet.com.au and it would help if you added your SQC screen name in the subject line too ;)

cheers, Ian Frost.

ok frosty please count me in for #3 intake. im tired of my stock tbi leaking and not being able to find a primary injector. also, send it to chads address for modding :lol: please pm me so i can paypal you the necessary funds.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but i'm afraid you're a little late man, the first three will be going to LivesTSI, CondorTSI and Chad.

If chad's only buying one to modify and sell later on then you might be able to work that out with him if he doesn't have a buyer on the line. best to send him a PM.

If not, we can probably work out another shipment of three, but it will take time.