1 reply to this topic

#1 Spooled_Starion

Spooled_Starion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:28 PM

Hey guys ran an ECi checker today on my car and it came up with a couple issues when it was testing the injectors it had 12v on injector 1 and injector 2 as it should but when I revved it up as instructed it dropped to 7-8v on both injectors. The fsm says it should have a slight drop in voltage when you rev it but is 4-5v considered a slight drop? What could be causing a 4-5v drop to injectors when I rev the motor? This is using the green connectors on the eci checker, select switch B, check switch 7 and 11.

Also, check switch 5 (atmospheric pressure sensor) same green connectors gave me 0v at key on and idle and I'm supposed to be in the 3.8 ro 4.2 volts. What is the atmospheric pressure sensor as I hadnt heard of that on an 87?

On the white plugs, select switch A, check switch 2 (ignition pulse) I should be getting 4-10v and I'm seeing a constant 12v

White plugs, select switch A, check switch 4 ( spark advance) I'm seeing 0v when I should be up to .6v

Any input on any of these issues would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hks Downpipe, hks exhaust, hks intake, hks camshaft, hks pfc-fcon, hks fcd, hks turbo timer, trilogy injectors, mk1 short shifter, GReddy traditional shift knob, 89 ecu, Hks Boost gauge, innovative wideband A/F gauge.

#2 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

I have never used an ECI checker but check all your power and grounds. How are the injector clips?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users