torque tube assemby same for all wide body years 86-89?

Mech

Is the torque assembly the same for all widebodies 86-89? for example can i take the torque tube from an 86 and pop it into an 89 and vice versa? and all are the components the same/ interchangable?  extension shaft, companion flange, bearing,  etc

Also, what grease are people using to grease the toque tube and the extension shaft to spline coupler/pinion coupler?

Edited by Mech

• Mech changed the title to torque tube assemby same for all wide body years 86-89?

I will say that intercooled 87s are definitely interchangeable with 88/89s.   I had an issue with trying to install a full differential from an intercooled 86 into an 87 several years back.  The geometry wasn't the same.   Although, I never tried to pin it down to the exact difference.  

The parts catalog shows different part numbers for intercooled vs non-intercooled torque tube shafts, housings, and companion flanges.  

I never knew there was different part numbers. 

Anyways, for the lube I have been using Honda M-77 Moly Paste that is made for motorcycle splines in shaft driven models. Also used this for the clutch disc splines.