'88-'89 HVAC Controller self adhesive "Overlay" Kit...NEW

natallica

Here's another one fellas! Some of you had been asking for these so I went ahead and created them as well. A ton of time went into getting these correct, but all-in-all I think they turned out well.

These are "identical reproductions" of the original HVAC control faceplates for the model years 1988-1989. Removal of the original is similar to the earlier overlays that I offered

here.

Replace yours which may be worn out, or if your tired of the Star Wars Orange look or if your ride is themed differently perhaps with Mookeeh overlays then go with a new White one. The choice is yours:

These are available in 2 colors.

OEM Orange:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/SQC%20Items/DSC01739.jpg

White:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/SQC%20Items/DSC01740.jpg

Both are self-adhesive, just remove the original, clean the faceplate mounting surface align and apply the new one.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/SQC%20Items/DSC01735.jpg

*Please note the backlit portions of the buttons (i.e Economy, Auto, Up, Down, Fans, Defrost, Face/Floor Defrost etc...) will be clear, along with the small openings for the orange on/off LEDs when the adhesive backing is removed. I did make one tiny little change to these, but I don't think anyone will object, or notice for that matter.

:)

Pricing for either one of these items will be $25.00 shipped anywhere in the U.S usually within 1 day of ordering.

My paypal address is: natallica@comcast.net

*In the Paypal notes please provide the preferred color overlay along with you mailing address and screen name.

DIsclaimer

I assume NO responsibility in ANY damage done to your faceplate if you choose to purchase one of these kits for yours, I am only offering these (and these walk-throughs) as an inexpensive cosmetic replacement to old worn out buttons. Apart from finding a brand new unit (which is impossible) this is the only option that I can think of, so if you think you are mechanically inclined enough to dismantle and scrape glue and metal and clean surfaces...then by all means grab one of these kits. It's relatively easy to do if you take your time and be thorough in the prep, you should be happy with the results. No overlays will be replaced 'free of charge' due to faulty preparation.

*Faceplate in photo not included

:D

Thanks Guys, lemme know what you think!

-N8

Edited by natallica

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them!! Tired of thinking mine are dirty when they are just worn out.....

Ill take 3 of them, any chance on getting you to have other overlays made up?

Chris.

Sure thing...what did you have in mind?

-N8

Not lazy...creative! :) It looks much better than the 'Barney Rubble' looking thing on the earlier controls, but I couldn't change it on the first sets I offered because of the way the actual button was designed.

-N8

Can u make a cluster overlay in red and white instead of orange ??...idk..just curious

Possibly, I can look into it. I still have my Star Wars orange ones, I replaced mine with Mookeeh's Indiglo ones.

Sure thing...what did you have in mind?

-N8

The gauges in white instead of star wars orange....like that analogy.........and the cluster switches in white as well. Maybe even overlays in white for the mirror controls......I know Im probably asking for alot. Yours are done correctly versus other methods of getting it done.

LMK,

Chris.

My suggestion would be to make overlays for two things to you can make your whole car match.

1. Make the overlay for the Mirror controls. those are orange as well and it would be nice if we could have those in white instead of orange

2. Make over lays for the Cluster buttons. that way they all can match in your car.

3. I think you could make ones for inside the cluster if you wanted in white and whatever bulb you put in the cluster panel will shine through as a cheap option rather than the mookee ones but the mookee ones are pretty nice

Personally i think you should just sell these as a set so you can make everything in your car match.

Edited by alp247

Is it me or can you see the light behind the overlay?

Noted...there was fault in the first printing process, and I'm gonna own up to it... Opaque Black didn't run double passes. All of those who ordered will be receiving new ones next week... with an added bonus!

Sincerely, Sorry for any inconvenience!

-N8

Noted...there was fault in the first printing process, and I'm gonna own up to it... Opaque Black didn't run double passes. All of those who ordered will be receiving new ones next week... with an added bonus!

Sincerely, Sorry for any inconvenience!

-N8

Now THIS is good honest standup quality business!! Props & an "atta boy" for going the extra mile to make sure it's quality. I thought the same seeing that pic, and was a bit worried, but will definitely get these later on. Please tell me you'll be around offering these (and steering wheel button overlays) for a while!?

Now THIS is good honest standup quality business!! Props & an "atta boy" for going the extra mile to make sure it's quality. I thought the same seeing that pic, and was a bit worried, but will definitely get these later on. Please tell me you'll be around offering these (and steering wheel button overlays) for a while!?

Nate got right back to me on the backlit issue and is working hard to resolve it.

He's got some other cool ideas for our cars so I've asked him to put out for more feelers for decals, overlays etc.

I'm hugely impressed by what he's produced so far so let him know what you all need.

Colin

Thanks so much for the kind words, and yes...unless I lose my job or something crazy I'll keep my GP's open!

Thanks for the interest.

-N8

For those interested, these are fixed... Shipping newly produced ones as of now!

Shipping out tomorrow to carguygibby, alp247 and dodge2004srt4. Sorry for the delay, but I wanted them done right!

Thanks so much for your orders!

-N8

Perfect! :D

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu353/carguygibby/photobucket-1869-1326486069151.jpg

Day time

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu353/carguygibby/photobucket-1200-1326502739779.jpg

Night time.

Thanks N8!

Edited by carguygibby

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my white one in my car, I also changed the coloring of my buttons behind the overlay using transparent folders from Staples. Next is replacing my bulbs with LEDs. I had it like that before, but I got a new unit so now I have to redo this one.

But here is an example of the overlay in white for reference

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff408/n8tallica1/SQC%20Items/DSC01775.jpg

Thanks,

-N8