speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers
  • Model:Starion

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

Well I haven't updated in awhile but I got time to take some pictures and get them on the internet so here we go. Lots of stuff has been done and I'm at the wiring stage. In the pictures you'll notice red rope with masking tape in various places. That my friends is my mock up wiring harness. I'll use that to make the whole harness off the car, test it, and everything so that hopefully I can just go plug that sucker in and "Whammo!" A wired car! That is the hope anyway LOL.

Anyway, onto some pictures...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#962 Funky Phil

Funky Phil

Super Pooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,326 posts
  • Interests:2 streaks of fire for 60ft when I leave.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

Love it! You know how much weight you dumped?
10.95@122mph MoFuggin stickshift! https://m.youtube.co...h?v=8Q01UKt5q4U

Posted Image

#963 movin on

movin on

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:26 PM

That would depend on how big his ex-girlfriend was....  ;)

#964 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • Interests:Family, Strength Sports, Starquests, Brewing beer and Land Rovers.

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

Great idea with the rope, should make thinks much easier to build a harness outside the car and then install it.  Are you making a jig to make more harnesses for sale?
Canterbury, CT
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi (Project Race Car) Build thread http://www.starquest...opic=147910&hl=
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (Daily Driver)
2002 Discovery II SE7 (Wife's progeny wagon and tow vehicle)

Second place is S*** place , eh.  - Stéphane Peterhansel

#965 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:15 PM

View PostFunky Phil, on 15 October 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Love it! You know how much weight you dumped?

I don't sadly. I do know its nothing to scoff at though. Once I finish the thing I'll get it weighed and hopefully corner balanced and then we will really know.

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

#966 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:17 PM

View Postmbruneaux, on 15 October 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Great idea with the rope, should make thinks much easier to build a harness outside the car and then install it.  Are you making a jig to make more harnesses for sale?

To be honest that never even crossed my mind. I'd really wonder how much it would help others unless they mounted all their sensors in the same location as I did. And if I went a step further and tried making "custom" harnesses for others to fit their cars I feel like scott87star could do a much better job of that. That being said if someone slapped me in the face with a few hundred bucks I could probably be persuaded into doing it haha.

Posted Image

#967 Speedy2222

Speedy2222

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

damn the car is looking good

#968 gst4g64

gst4g64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

I'm guessing you'll be making a dash too.

When will your car be done?
A couple hours.
Is it done yet?
No I decided I wanted to do such and such, it'll be a couple days.
*A month or two later*
What the hell is going on with your car!?!?
It'll be done shortly, leave me alone.

Funny how these things progress.

#969 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:34 AM

View Postgst4g64, on 16 October 2017 - 10:46 PM, said:

I'm guessing you'll be making a dash too.

When will your car be done?
A couple hours.
Is it done yet?
No I decided I wanted to do such and such, it'll be a couple days.
*A month or two later*
What the hell is going on with your car!?!?
It'll be done shortly, leave me alone.

Funny how these things progress.

Dude... you are NOT kidding lol. Its went from "It will be running in two months" to "This spring I will get to drive it."

Posted Image

#970 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

Looking good. Doing it cleanly takes time.

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#971 gst4g64

gst4g64

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, and after that maiden voyage, it'll see a few miles before it goes under the knife again...  If you get too used to driving it I'll send you some ideas that will have it inoperable in no time.

Edited by gst4g64, 17 October 2017 - 10:23 AM.

#972 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

View PostFuze, on 17 October 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

Looking good. Doing it cleanly takes time.

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. And your right, it take so much more time.

View Postgst4g64, on 17 October 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

Yeah, and after that maiden voyage, it'll see a few miles before it goes under the knife again...  If you get too used to driving it I'll send you some ideas that will have it inoperable in no time.

I've SWORN to myself that I will drive the car as is and only do small projects on it after I finish this iteration.... sworrrrrrnn!

Posted Image

#973 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

View Postspeedyquest, on 17 October 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

I've SWORN to myself that I will drive the car as is and only do small projects on it after I finish this iteration.... sworrrrrrnn!

I will regret this but;What else is there to do!??!?!  :D

Edited by mbruneaux, 17 October 2017 - 12:16 PM.

Canterbury, CT
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi (Project Race Car) Build thread http://www.starquest...opic=147910&hl=

#974 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:19 PM

Well if you mean what do I have left right now to finish the car then its wiring, headlight conversion fabrication, and small assembly stuff. If you mean what would I do to the car in the future then its all kinds of stuff to be honest lol. Fiberglass body parts, larger turbo, lexan windows, roll cage, rear mounted radiator setup, ecu controlled electric water pump, and the list just goes on and on.

Edit:  I should point out that even just getting the car running isn't the end with the MPI swap. I've got to tune it, set up and test things like the launch control, anti-lag, no lift shifting, etc. Then I need to take it to a reputable tuner and have the car's tune gone over for piece of mind. Being honest with you guys and myself I won't have a true drive in this car till spring when it warms up.

Edited by speedyquest, 17 October 2017 - 12:22 PM.

Posted Image

#975 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

View Postspeedyquest, on 17 October 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

Well if you mean what do I have left right now to finish the car then its wiring, headlight conversion fabrication, and small assembly stuff. If you mean what would I do to the car in the future then its all kinds of stuff to be honest lol. Fiberglass body parts, larger turbo, lexan windows, roll cage, rear mounted radiator setup, ecu controlled electric water pump, and the list just goes on and on.

Edit:  I should point out that even just getting the car running isn't the end with the MPI swap. I've got to tune it, set up and test things like the launch control, anti-lag, no lift shifting, etc. Then I need to take it to a reputable tuner and have the car's tune gone over for piece of mind. Being honest with you guys and myself I won't have a true drive in this car till spring when it warms up.

What I meant was after you are done with your current list what else could you do?
Canterbury, CT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users