#1 weavemeister

weavemeister

Vendors

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:45 PM

Hey everyone, this is the first time we have offered anything here but have been doing group buys via Facebook over the last year for some of the carbon fiber parts we make for the cars. We are now offering replacement hatch bushings and have a group buy going right now. Wanted to get this up here for anyone who is not active on facebook.

We all know the flaw in the rear hatch mount/hinge system and unavailability of replacement bushings. The hinges tend to bend over time and the mount bushings blow out, compress and rust out from the inside causing an uneven clamp on the glass, bottoming out metal on metal, hence a hatch that slides back down after being adjusted or crusty witness marks in the bushing that may not even allow adjustment.

We developed a bushing that solves this problem. They are injection molded with 80a polyurethane(very similar to what is used in suspension components) with a 6061 aluminium plate sandwiched inside so no more rust/rot. To deal with the hinge/uneven clamp issue we have offset the plate and allowed for some of the urethane to take up space where the original plate was, allowing you to clamp this bushing evenly against the glass even with slightly bent hinges. The urethane we are using also has a very slight tackiness to it when final cured to further remedy this issue and provide a good snug fit and a bit of stick against the hatch glass.

I have spoke with numerous people and it's been a long running issue with these cars of misaligned hatches and did not want to deal with it myself so made these bad boys up.

Pricing is 80usd a pair shipped anywhere in the USA. International you pay the shipping difference.

If you are interested in a set please comment below with your PayPal or contact me directly. We are going to keep this open for a few weeks before starting production and also will be posting in other forums. Production on these is rather quick as I can do multiple sets a day once we start and due to the amount of orders already received we are making up a couple more molds to speed it up. I would like to ship them out in batches of 10 or 20, and final time from order to shipping really depends on how many people get in and when your order is in. Currently we have 30 paid orders and another 30 or so pending. We are planning to send off for all the plates to be laser cut within a week or so and start producing. We will be shipping in batches of 10-20 a week until all orders are full starting in roughly 2-3 weeks from now.

I am not sure how to post pictures up on here but if you have any questions or would like to see pictures of the bushings please email me at kmschiemann@gmail.com. I will check this thread daily to answer any questions but email is the fastest way to reach me. We will also be posting up all of our carbon fiber and fiberglass part offerings we currently have available for the starquest platform in the coming weeks.

Thanks!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by weavemeister, 12 March 2019 - 09:10 PM.

#2 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,313 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:39 AM

interested but would like to see a picture or 2 if possible of the part you are selling?

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

#3 weavemeister

weavemeister

Vendors

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

Yes will get some pics posted up. Having a bit of trouble getting them to load but will have some time later to sit down and get them uploaded. Just found the FAQ on pics.

#4 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:35 AM

interested as well

#5 NotaDeLorean

NotaDeLorean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:29 AM

Edit: Pics removed. Also sent payment for my set.

Edited by NotaDeLorean, 13 March 2019 - 07:19 AM.

#6 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,017 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

I am interested
88 Fiji Blue -TSi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

JohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

<SOS> http://sosmanuals.minagera.org/
<SQ Garage> http://www.starquestgarage.com/

#7 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:04 PM

I'm interested also & look forward to seeing your other products.

I've has the best luck posting pics using IMGUR photo hosting site. Free & WAY easy  to use.
Run's with scizzor's

#8 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,313 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:44 AM

im in... I would like a set.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

#9 weavemeister

weavemeister

Vendors

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:15 PM

Ok uploaded pics. thank you to NoTaDeLorean for posting those while I figured out how to post.

so far we have importwarrior, tux, TexasQuest, and bradrock. I will be sending you all a PM shortly.

thanks

#10 bha280

bha280

runs with scissors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, junk, and things

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:02 AM

Count me in!
1988 Starion 5-speed- AMC head, Schnieder HD springs and 292 cam, Wiseco's, Pauter Rods, adjustable cam gear, ported Evo III 16G, 3" turbo back, lightened/balanced flywheel, polished/balanced crank, SS braided oil and coolant lines for turbo, full hard pipes w/ TurboXS BOV and MBC, Trilogy injectors, MSD blaster 2 coil, 8.5mm wires, stress relieved and ported exhaust manifold, ported intake manifold, LSP 52mm TB, ARP everything, EGR, A/C, and cruise removed, silicon vacuum lines, STB's front and rear, ABS delete, 3" GM MAF-T Gen II, D/S rotors, SS brake lines, Innovate wideband, adjustable FPR, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, AutoMeter boost gauge, GM alternator, SS clutch line, meshies, factory hatch spoiler, mud flaps, Mookeh rear struts and adjustable front inserts, Cosmo dual-spring Coilovers, Mookeh pillow ball camber plates F/R, rebuilt trans, short throw, MSD 6a, poly bushings.

Soon to be in a flatty!

#11 weavemeister

weavemeister

Vendors

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:12 PM

View Postbha280, on 13 March 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

Count me in!

You have a pm

#12 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:48 PM

Can you give us non facebookers a hint what other parts you've been making?

Thanks,  Brad
Run's with scizzor's

#13 weavemeister

weavemeister

Vendors

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:04 AM

View PostBradrock, on 13 March 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

Can you give us non facebookers a hint what other parts you've been making?

Thanks,  Brad

Mostly carbon fiber parts so far. So far we have done a 3 gauge HVAC location pod, a radio/shifter console piece, external c pillar trim pieces, and the liscense plate surround/bezel.

We are currently working on a few more parts such as some carbon wiper cowls, b pillar vents, a few different designs of hoods, a few different splitter designs etc. Have a list a mile long of parts to make for the cars. But that is all that is on deck right now.

#14 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:12 AM

View Postweavemeister, on 14 March 2019 - 06:04 AM, said:

Mostly carbon fiber parts so far. So far we have done a 3 gauge HVAC location pod, a radio/shifter console piece, external c pillar trim pieces, and the liscense plate surround/bezel.

We are currently working on a few more parts such as some carbon wiper cowls, b pillar vents, a few different designs of hoods, a few different splitter designs etc. Have a list a mile long of parts to make for the cars. But that is all that is on deck right now.

Please offer your CF products here.  There are members here who would purchase your products. Those of us who don't use social media have no idea of your products.

Enlighten us please.  

#15 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:30 AM

I recently ordered a CF starter kit and was going to try my hand at B vents... Curious to see yours and how much they would be, might not be worth my time and effort to try myself.

#16 BuGG

BuGG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
  • Interests:Starquests forever!

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:07 AM

View PostPreludedude, on 14 March 2019 - 07:12 AM, said:

Please offer your CF products here.  There are members here who would purchase your products. Those of us who don't use social media have no idea of your products.

Enlighten us please.  

Agree
Posted Image

#17 weavemeister

weavemeister

Vendors

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:06 PM

View PostBuGG, on 14 March 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

Agree

We definitely will be making a few posts regarding the carbon stuff here soon. I wanted to get this group buy up now as it is currently going. I have been trying to get set up as a vendor here for over a year, Jamie Ainsworth came through guess it was just a matter of emailing the right person. Been crazy busy this week and just have not had the time to make a few posts. I would not even take any orders for a few weeks anyways due to workload at the shop, this group buy etc. Need to finish up a few big jobs, get going on these bushings and then I will definitely make a few posts and offer this stuff for sale.

#18 87SupraStar

87SupraStar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:31 AM

Please send me paypal please, also interested in a set.  Thanks
Posted Image

#19 weavemeister

weavemeister

Vendors