Paid Upgrade Accounts

Minagera

Ok, so here is the idea. You can have a free account here, or you can have a yearly, or lifetime. Yearly you get more PM's some more server space with a gal or something, and a little icon next to your name. Lifetime you get unlimited PMs and a larger gal, with a different icon next to your name. It will also help in funding the site, and provide a better environment. Also both yearly and lifetime members would be able to access a different part of the site, more exclusive, what not. We could get get some decals made up for starquestclub.com. For the people who don't want to pay the membership the forum will be exactly the same as it is now. Just if you choose you contribute, you will receive more perks.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, so here is the idea. You can have a free account here, or you can have a yearly, or lifetime. Yearly you get more PM's some more server space with a gal or something, and a little icon next to your name. Lifetime you get unlimited PMs and a larger gal, with a different icon next to your name. It will also help in funding the site, and provide a better environment. Also both yearly and lifetime members would be able to access a different part of the site, more exclusive, what not. We could get get some decals made up for starquestclub.com. For the people who don't want to pay the membership the forum will be exactly the same as it is now. Just if you choose you contribute, you will receive more perks.

I am pushing this again. Maybe others will see it. I mean I know we are all penny pinching freaks, but still...

• 2 months later...
I agree on the paid membership thing ... what about an auto recurring $1 a month thing .. Wouldn't take too many of those to keep the site going with as many members as there is .. Edited by 89KonQuest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
im all about supporting the site if needed. or even a "site donor" or something to that effect under the avatar. But exclusive posts for paid members? i see no point. our community is small enough, why make it smaller and have certain things set away from the mass? thats just silly.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I am behind this.

I have a better Idea. Leave the site as it is, charge a dollar a month access fee. Once the funding builds up to a decent level site administrators can purchase parts with the funding they have recieved and take some of the cash for a yearly operating expense, then we have a raffle and people get the parts they need for their cars. It would work because everyone contributing one dollar a month adds up really quick when you have a lot of members. A dollar a month won't hurt anyones pocket. You can submit a request for a certain part and be put on a list and when your number comes up the site buys you the part. Or we can have a raffle. I prefer a list, but whichever. You can choose the amount you wish to give every month as an option, or just pay the dollar access fee. I think parts should be classified as restoration parts not performance mods. Our goal is to keep these cars in this world and keep them running and looking good. If we all contribute and stick together eventually everyone can have what they need for their cars instead of letting them sit and decay because they can't afford to fix them.

Contact could also be made with a vendor and a deal could be worked out because we would be buying parts from them often so we could get the parts at a discounted rate. This would also encourage additional membership to this site which would bolster financing as well.

Just an idea. The site says we have upwards of 15,000 members....lets do the math here, if we have 15,000 member in one year at a dollar a year that $180,000 the site can generate. Thats a lot of parts, and money left over to improve the site. As a community we could do great things for these cars and really bring them back into the limelight. This may even give us the ability to schedule events and such just for these cars. If we can bolster interest in the vehicles aftermarket vendors may take a second look and start to produce more parts and aftermartket mods. Our cars are listed as possible collectors items for the future as well!

Edited by ernielist

• 1 month later...
I have a better Idea. Leave the site as it is, charge a dollar a month access fee. Once the funding builds up to a decent level site administrators can purchase parts with the funding they have recieved and take some of the cash for a yearly operating expense, then we have a raffle and people get the parts they need for their cars. It would work because everyone contributing one dollar a month adds up really quick when you have a lot of members. A dollar a month won't hurt anyones pocket. You can submit a request for a certain part and be put on a list and when your number comes up the site buys you the part. Or we can have a raffle. I prefer a list, but whichever. You can choose the amount you wish to give every month as an option, or just pay the dollar access fee. I think parts should be classified as restoration parts not performance mods. Our goal is to keep these cars in this world and keep them running and looking good. If we all contribute and stick together eventually everyone can have what they need for their cars instead of letting them sit and decay because they can't afford to fix them.

Contact could also be made with a vendor and a deal could be worked out because we would be buying parts from them often so we could get the parts at a discounted rate. This would also encourage additional membership to this site which would bolster financing as well.

Just an idea. The site says we have upwards of 15,000 members....lets do the math here, if we have 15,000 member in one year at a dollar a year that $180,000 the site can generate. Thats a lot of parts, and money left over to improve the site. As a community we could do great things for these cars and really bring them back into the limelight. This may even give us the ability to schedule events and such just for these cars. If we can bolster interest in the vehicles aftermarket vendors may take a second look and start to produce more parts and aftermartket mods. Our cars are listed as possible collectors items for the future as well!

That would create a lot of issues for ryddler. That's a LOT of income for him since the site is in his name, and it would put him into a whole nother tax bracket, costing him more money every year when tax time came around.

Also making it mandatory for member to pay every month will keep more people from signing up when they acquire their "new" SQ, potentially sending many more to the scrapyard. I see that system of the site buying parts for YOUR car being potentially abused.

It's a good idea on paper, but then again, so was Communism. 98% of members here are upstanding, honest people. But if word gets out that this site is buying parts for you, then we'll have a bunch of ricers joining just to get parts for their mAd tyte JdM stareeion fo' free.

I think the monthly subscription for those that choose to donate is the best idea.