Selling 1986 Starion ESI-R

hippynerd

Im in Eugene Oregon.

This car was originally black with red interior, now its blue and green with red interior.

Mods: Clutch-Fan,JVEK,BSEK,AC delete,lo-buck FCD,new speakers.

Website for the car/rebuild

https://sites.google.com/site/1986starion/

I also have about 500 pictures of the car here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/102108211058800240055/albums/5436082381246068705

I just posted a couple pictures of the car after putting on a bunch of bare metal parts.

I bought the car off a guy on craigslist. He says he's been garaging it for 10 years, but never got around to fixing it. He got it from someone that drove it in california for 10 years. It had about 127k miles, it was in pretty rough shape.

Believe it or not, I've spent over $4,000 on this car, just to make it reliable, and almost stock. I did the FCD last fall, and have pretty much wrecked the turbo (stock 12a). It will still boost to 1 bar, but I know that cartridge is ********. I've ordered new parts and will build a new turbo when parts arrive.

The car does have some small dings, but no major dents (but there is a mystery spot by the gas tank, I found bondo when I accidentally scratched the paint) The only rust on the car is on the old messed up bare metal panels I've recently put on the car, I still have all the original panels too.

The tires on the car are totally the wrong size, and they are old, and just generally suck, I shouldnt have bought them. The only real appeal the tires have is the rears look thick, and probably last for many burnouts.

There is a whole I burned (battery acid) in the back seat when a battery tipped over, The drivers seat is pretty worn, and stitching has ripped. The steering wheel leather is worn prettymuch too, but its all stock, and everywhere else, its in good shape.

I painted much of the rubber/vinyl with vinyl dye, but the front bumper, and spoilers its didnt take too well, and is flaking off.

Right now I have it in flatty front fenders, and all bare metal, but those are just spare parts I have, if you want stripped bare panels, I could throw some in to sweeten the deal.

Car also has no air damn, and the motorized antenna wont go up (you can hear the motor run, but the antenna doesnt come up.

I put the regular panels back onto the car, but I still have 2 sets of fenders (wide, and flat, but the flatty ones are banged and cut...), 2 sets of grills and side lights (flat and wide), and header panel, all stripped of paint, and and a tiny amount of fresh rust (they look really cool).

• 4 weeks later...
I put a big 16g on it last night, I havnt really tested it,but the turbo is freshly rebuilt. The car still has stock fuel and exhaust, so but does have the FCD. Im running 15lbs right now, but I may see if I can get 1.5 bars out of it after I've run this turbo a couple hundred miles.