S&M Gen II strut bars - Group Purchase 3 sets left

ESIrType?

S&M GEN II  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interest in me producing my S&M GEN II bars again?

• Yes
    • NO
    • Maybe

7/5/12

Another update, and an important one. I HAVE to set a deadline, it is necessary! 7/14/12 (Saturday of next week) is the absolute last day I can ship these. I will be out of town for 3 weeks. I will have the sets completed and requesting final payments ASAP. I apologize if I put any pressure on anyone. This GP has been my largest GP and has been super time consuming. I'm doing my best to keep everyone in the loop, complete and ships sets as fast as possible. This time around has taken me longer to fab the sets due to a different aluminum supplier than I used in PA. The raw materials have been taking a lot more work to get to where they need to be for the final product.

7/2/12

Another update. After 18 hours of work this weekend (in a 95 degree garage), with help from my wife. I have another 7 sets ready to go. Today is super busy but I will do my best to be in touch with the next 7 people.

6/23/12

Another 6 sets are ready, I will start PM'ing the next group in line.

6/21/12

There has been a little confusion that is my fault. Its regarding the washers, how many and where do they do. I will add pictures here and to the install post.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m500/esirtype/Starion/2012-06-21_10-42-01_48.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m500/esirtype/Starion/2012-06-21_10-42-09_518.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m500/esirtype/Starion/2012-06-21_10-41-54_865.jpg

6/20/12

Real quick guys, I am doing my best to take care of you all as fast as possible. I know sometimes my posts responses are a few days late. I am putting in long days to try to get these done for you all as quick as possible. Some nights I come in from the garage late and covered dirty working on these. I am to burnt out to get online and respond to you all. Please don't think I am brushing you off.

I would like to say, feel free to text me at 980-428-6556. I will respond quicker to you through a sms since my phone is with my as I am working of the strut bars in my garage.

6/15/12

I added an install post. My intention is to have an actually install webpage up and running for you guys in the future. I'm hoping it all makes sense. I am brain dead from working so much on these and keeping up with life.

Anyways here is the link for the install instructions post.

http://www.starquest...dpost&p=1284335

6/14/12

Another quick update guys. I have another 5 sets ready to go and expect to complete 5 more over the weekend. I think I am finally catching up! I will contact buys 5-10 on the list tomorrow for shipping info and final info. I also need to get an install page up for you all. I will attempt to tackle this tomorrow.

6/7/12

Quick update guys, I am exhausted! I've been busting my butt to get caught up for the last 3 days. With that being said, the first 5 sets are ready to roll. Next five are expected to be completed the first of the week. I will PM you guys with your shipping total and the other half of the $$. Again guys thanks for all your patience! I've running into some snags and delayed suppliers. I appreciate all you guys being calm and understanding!

6/5/12

I finally have all the laser cut pieces. I was working all day yesterday on the sets and I will all day today. The first 5 sets will be ready to ship tomorrow. Then the next 5 on Friday. I will keep you all posted and PM you when your set is ready.

6/1/12

Another update for you guys. I just got off the phone with the laser cutting company and they are backed up. I was hoping to have the pieces today to hammer through the first group of sets this weekend. As of now it will be Tuesday that they are done. They are about 3 days behind schedule which puts be 3 days behind schedule. I will however have everything ready to do for when I get the piece. Welding the brackets doesn't consume much time so I will be able to ship quickly after I have the pieces. I know you guys are excited and have been waiting. I appreciate all of your patience!

5/31/12

Another quick update for you guys. I am still waiting on the laser cut pieces, they are a few days late. I was expecting them a few days ago to have the first few sets shipped out by tomorrow. I have everything else too and am rolling with what I can. I will stop at the laser cutting shop tomorrow t0 see what the hold up is. The good news is the backs don't take much time to weld and shoot a coat of paint on.

Shawn

5/23/2012

A quick update. Things are moving forward now. I am waiting on the laser cut piece to be finished which should be next week. The aluminum should be here around the same time (Thanks BC_99) also. Then I am ready to go. I am estimating the first few (5-10) sets shipping out by the end of next week, provided things continue to run smoothly. Then the next 10 by the end of the next week. The last batch should be shipped out the week after that. The sets will be shipped in the order I received the deposit.

Thanks guys,

Shawn

5/18/2012

I am moving forward to produce my GEN II tri-bars again. This group purchase will be for a large run of 30 full sets. Some of you expressed interest in only the front set or the rear set. What I will do it pair you guys up for a set (one guy gets the front and one guy gets the rear) at the GP price.

Group purchase price is $285, plus buyer pays actually shipping cost through USPS and insurance cost if requested. You can PM me your shipping address and I will get you the actually amount.

Additionally I will request a 50% deposit of $142.50. The second payment plus, insurance (if requested) and actually shipping cost will be made when your set is ready to ship. This will guarantee your set and shipping will be based on the deposit received order.

In the past I did not request a deposit. Please understand that this is a large group purchase and costly to front all the funds. Also in the past I did not do such large runs and material costs were cheaper. I made the decision to do a run of 30 sets to help bring the cost down by buying in bulk. Also I had more feedback than expected so I am trying to cover everyone.

Set info, $285 + shipping

* Main bars (front and rear )and tri-bars are made of high quality, polished T-6061 aircraft grade aluminum

* 1" front and rear main bar & 3/4" tri-bars

* Front triangulation set for extra rigidity and strength

* All brackets are laser cut for precision

* Steel 3/16" main plates & 1/4" uprights

* Full adjustable front, rear and triangulation bars to allow for tuning

* QA1 Clevis ends for very fine tune adjustments

* Direct fit for 83-89 Starquests, no drilling required

* Will fit MPI setups

* Clears all emission equipment, and heat sheilds car

JustPaus_88TSI

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10162/Picture_036.jpg

BOHO's Car

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/383/ourwedding3009ai8.jpg

I also need to get a picture of a rear set up for you guys. I will get one while on my car here in the next few days.

I accept paypal or money orders.

You can paypal your deposit of $142.50 to starquest87@gmail.com or please PM me for my address for a money order.

Please let me know if you are down for a set. I will add the people who have responded already saying to put the one the list.

1. RobH..

2. StreetVelocity..

3. Sellerfeller..

4. Coke (Bring to PF12)

5. Dred_85.5_TSI..

6. BuGG..

7. BuGG (2 sets)..

8. MainstreaM

9. Taeisallin..

10. Taeisallin (full set plus 1 front)..

11. Fijiphil (front).. Conquestador89 (rear)..

12. Nikolaya..

13. Nycain. (rear)

14. Infamos

15. Phishfud

16. Slydogg (rear)

17. Speedy2222

18. kidjc..

19. kidjc (2 sets)..

20. Scotty

21. Theboy19

22. Josh'88

23. Boostin20psi

24. DGAF

25. Big John (2 sets, will bring to PF12)

26. Big John (2 sets, will bring to PF12)

27. AshyBone (Front set) BuickTurboV6 (Rear)

28. TSI_SVT

Please let me know if you have any questions through a PM or through this post. Also please let me know if I missed something.

so

Also guys a thanks to BC_99 who is local to me and has been helping me get this going for you all with his contacts!

Thanks,

Shawn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post

I am trying to gauge interest right now to see if you guys are interested in my producing my S&M Gen II bars again? My last run was in 2008. Life came at me quick and I didn't have time to produce more sets.

I am in a position now where I have the time if people are still interested.

Please let me know what you think as I would love to make these again.

I wish I had more pictures, but mine were lost when my hard drive crashed. I at least have a picture of an unfinished set to give you an idea of what I produced.

Thanks,

Shawn

Edited by ESIrType?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea mang i think you need to , i'm often asked if i have any used for sale and have sold 3 sets used and kept one new for myself, hands down the best strut bars EVER made for these cars.

I think I did the last run for $230 or $220, prices really depend on how much the cost of materials have gone up. I used to have a hookup when I lived in Pennsylvania, I don't live there anymore. I will start checking around tomorrow here in Charlotte for someone to laser cut and the raw aluminum.

I saw some people selling used sets for $300 plus. My goal is to keep them sub $300 for sure. Again, it all depends on my costs.

There has been such a great response that I am going to check around and get quotes.

Thanks guys,

Shawn

I didn't say it before but the quality is top notch. Pefect fit....front and back...clean welds...clean everything.

This is from 2008 when I first got mine....

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2344/car003ge2.jpg

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/7910/ourwedding3011xg8.jpg

Edited by BOHO

Yes yes and yes!!!

Im not in a position to throw a bunch of money at my quest ATM, cause its sitting back home for another year at least before I can do much with it. But I have wanted a set of these since way back when. If the cost isnt driven up a lot by material cost, I will purchase one for sure!

Glad to see these might happen again.

I didn't say it before but the quality is top notch. Pefect fit....front and back...clean welds...clean everything.

This is from 2008 when I first got mine....

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2344/car003ge2.jpg

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/7910/ourwedding3011xg8.jpg

B,

Is that your silver car in the pic? It looks white.

L

I'm in, and also live in the Charlotte area. I know I can get you a decent hookup for the rod ends, maybe I can help with a laser cutter also. Pm me if you would like to discuss it further.

BC_99