First trip to the strip in the 84...

Threedoor

...and the only white slips I have are from when nobody was in the other lane! :lol:

I actually did better than I expected though. 28 year old car that is bone stock other than 5 lug conversion in the front (added weight, no performance boost in 1/4 mile) with all equipment (spare, jack, ect.) still in the car and half a tank of fuel and my fat @ss driving (250 lb).

60' . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.47

330' . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6.99

1/8 ET . . . . . . . . . . . . . .10.79

1/8 MPH . . . . . . . . . . . . 64.83

1/4 ET . . . . . . . . . . . . . .16.84

1/4 MPH . . . . . . . . . . . . 80.82

I didn't see an actual motorsports section, would this be better in the BS forum rather than War Stories?

Later,

Keith

Not bad at all.

If your car is running well, you use premium fuel and you've got a straight through exhuast, upping the boost on a non-intercooled car to 12 or so is fine. An extra couple of psi will help the top end and get you a better 1/4 time to go with your 1/8th.

I ran my 84 at 14psi and it loved it.

I have an AEM wide band A/F meter, and mechanical boost gauge ready to go in before messing with boost pressure, and I am getting the parts for rear 5 lug conversion today. I also have all the parts needed to do a stock S/Q intercooler setup on my car as a starting point before going batcrap crazy on mods :)

Now I just need to get a downpipe to put the bung for the wide band into, and figure out what kind of exhaust I can run. I figure after my shop is built I will be able to get some 3" mandrel bends and some strait 3" tube and form up my own exhaust and just take it to a muffler shop to have the welding done. I haven't seen any "off the shelf" bolt on exhausts available.

Later,

Keith