• PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:Turbos, Fixed Gears, and Raw Denim
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update 3/2/16

As per my usual fashion im really slow when it comes to progress on my own stuff. Anyway I welded the upper runners to the base plate and welded that to the plenum. Once that was solid I gave it some angle so its got a slight up kick. The plenum sat too low for my liking when it came straight off he flange. Tested it one last time tonight with the angle. Ill get the head flange welded over the weekend and port it silky smooth. Once its done im sending it to my buddy to machine a fuel rail for me. Maybe that wont be months lol

Welded but sitting straight

Posted Image

With my optimal angle of the dangle

Posted Image

Some better pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by RonnieJ, 03 March 2016 - 04:33 PM.

#2 leesfer

leesfer

Jurassic Parts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
  • Interests:Speed
  • Model:Starion

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:07 PM

Subscribed

Is this a one-off just for yourself? Or are you planning on selling?

Edited by leesfer, 20 February 2015 - 06:07 PM.

1986 Mitsubishi Starion: Holset HX35, BEP .63A/R hot side, Turbonetics T3 manifold, Magna MPI with 65mm TB, Schneider valve springs, roller rockers and Howlin' Banshee cam, MegaSquirt ECU, Turbosmart 38MM wastegate, TurboXS RFL blow off valve, 2.5" hard pipes, 4" *DM intercooler, SR20 aluminum radiator and fan shroud, MSD 6al and tach adapter, MSD Blaster 2 coil, NGK plugs and wires

Leesfer's Build Thread

Leesfer's Custom Interior Thread

#3 RonnieJ

RonnieJ

Gchat ronni3jay@gmail.com

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

For now its a one off. Not sure if this something I will bring to the market

#4 RonnieJ

RonnieJ

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

Actually couldn't wait and started playing with it as soon as I was done with work. Ended up going with plan b so parts have been ordered. I guess ill just return this lol

#5 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

I know you say it is a one off for now.
But if you were to make a second off
What's the ball park cost?

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

#6 RonnieJ

RonnieJ

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

If there is interest im sure we can make more. Just to give you an idea im already into it for $500 and thats not everything I need or anything welded yet

Edited by RonnieJ, 20 February 2015 - 10:38 PM.

#7 tankbob

tankbob

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

I had a feeling we would see a baller mpi intake after seeing your amazing manifolds, jdl killin the game
Posted Image

#8 randy

randy

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts
  • Interests:Starquests forever!
  • Model:Other

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:43 AM

Are you planning on making a copy of the fuel injection pro intake , but an improved version?

#9 RonnieJ

RonnieJ

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:53 AM

Not sure how to take that since I haven really looked at other manifolds to copy. I know I don't like what ive seen for seen the coolant ports. The only intake manifold I'm familiar with is Gatos because it's a nice piece.

#10 NotStock88

NotStock88

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

Someone needs to come up with a manifold and I am liking what I see in regards to your products. Keep up the good work man!
NOOB

#11 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!... and curves with green eyes

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

In for updates :)

Edited by psu_Crash, 21 February 2015 - 10:18 AM.

'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Ebay To4E 57 Trim (in testing), P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, RPW Roller Cam, Crower Rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 85# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, GNT Poly Bushings and mounts, Autopower 4 point cage, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
2016-17 SCCA Solo Glen Region Champion in Street Modified. Going for a 3-peat this year ;)
87 Valencia Gold TSI, The new Project
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

#12 mopar jon

mopar jon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Fast Fun Cars,from Old Mopars To Starquests

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

Has anyone ever looked into simply making an adapter plate to use any number of existing factory MPI intakes? The use of one particular Mazda intake seemed to be mentioned in the past.

#13 RonnieJ

RonnieJ

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

I would rather build exactly what I want. Not looking down on the adapter plate that's just not what I want to do personally.

#14 RonnieJ

RonnieJ

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

I think I'm just going bow out from here as a vendor. Maybe I had unreasonable expectations of what the community was going be like. I'm not here looking for friends but I am here because I have a deep love for the car. I've pushed to build parts that I thought were needed to help advance the platform. I feel I have been met with nothing but negativity

I've got nothing but "I could have done it better" ways and to be honest I've told those few go ahead. Not saying our way is the end all be all but it's a hell of a lot better that the previous options. Every single time I try I feel I get the silent treatment. I don't start too many threads but when I do they always die off.

I feel my efforts are useless and because of that I may just yank the product line. Ya I don't make coil over or sell MS but I thought what we provided was a high quality part that you would appreciate.

I'll still be around working on personal things and taking care of the pending StarQuest orders we do have

Thanks,
Ronnie

#15 Skullzaflare

Skullzaflare

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts
  • Interests:Computers, hotrods, ratrods

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:13 PM

I did warn you on the stingy members we have lol, and you do have a quality product. It's the community that is the issue
Spark plug elimination kit

#16 tsi_tom

tsi_tom

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:34 PM

View PostRonnieJ, on 21 February 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

I think I'm just going bow out from here as a vendor. Maybe I had unreasonable expectations of what the community was going be like. I'm not here looking for friends but I am here because I have a deep love for the car. I've pushed to build parts that I thought were needed to help advance the platform. I feel I have been met with nothing but negativity

I've got nothing but "I could have done it better" ways and to be honest I've told those few go ahead. Not saying our way is the end all be all but it's a hell of a lot better that the previous options. Every single time I try I feel I get the silent treatment. I don't start too many threads but when I do they always die off.

I feel my efforts are useless and because of that I may just yank the product line. Ya I don't make coil over or sell MS but I thought what we provided was a high quality part that you would appreciate.

I'll still be around working on personal things and taking care of the pending StarQuest orders we do have

Thanks,
Ronnie

Ronnie,

I personally love your products.  Not sure who was being negative.

Tom
Engine
20 over forged pistons
Stock injection system

My restoration project: The Missouri Project

#17 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,895 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

It really is a shame this happens time and time again. A person comes along and tries to help us out with their services and gets ran off.........
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

#18 BC_99

BC_99

Plays in traffic

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,215 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

Ronnie,

I hope you know the appreciation I have for the work you do. Outstanding is an understatement to say the least. Speaking only for myself, I have been watching this thread just to see what you create. I don't have any plans to take the g54b to an MPI/standalone setup, but based on the limited options I have seen so far, I have no doubt that yours will rise above the rest, the same way your exhaust manifolds do. Ignore the naysayers and do what you do man. The people who want a real quality product will seek you out and pay accordingly for the privilege.

BC_99
Steering coupler replacement U-Joints are available here...
http://www.starquest...howtopic=145280

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#19 RonnieJ

RonnieJ

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:47 PM

BC you are one of the few that actually saw the potential of the parts and how it would benefit the community. When you extended your help I always told you I would take care of you for seeing that. I cant thank you enough for that.  

The only reason why im here is because I wanted to make parts for my car. If I could offer them to others it was benifit. The StarQuest parts are some of the cheapest parts we offer. I did that on purpose to get them to the community. The age of the car doesnt change the time and work that goes into the parts. I think thats the biggest thing people seem to overlook At this point I think I need to raise the price match the work that goes into them. Its either that or just not offer them all together. Either way my presence will not be as frequent. I work a lot (because I love what I do), I have a 2 yo son that I enjoy spending time with and taking him to the shop with me, and I have my own project as well.

For those of you that have our parts dont worry we will still warranty them.

Edited by RonnieJ, 22 February 2015 - 01:11 AM.

#20 randy

randy

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts
  • Interests:Starquests forever!
  • Model:Other

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:09 AM

gonna pm you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users