My Starion, wanting to impress the ladies

Fanta

Alright, so as some of you may know, I have a leaking primary injector so it takes a moment for my car to start up.

So tonight, me and my bud are leaving a halloween bash, and going off to Waffle House with a bunch of ladies ( Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland, 2 punk rock hardcore chicks, an angel and a devil - split between two cars )

So, my Starion lost its virginity of having more than 1 female in it. 3 ladies, and all I could pray for was the thing not starting up and having to do my fire up sequence. Turned the key and VROOM :blink: Even my friend's eyes were wide in awe. Through out the rest of the freaking night, the car not once tried to stall, bottom the RPMs, or taking a second to fire up.

Drop them off, go back to the car, turn the key... crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRROOOM <_<

I freaking love this car ^_^

Edited by Fanta

I know the feeling! Everytime I turn the key I cringe a little. It's terrible that some of us have a "start-up sequence" lol

Sounds like you had a good time. I spent the evening with the gf at the Syracuse Invitational Sport Horse Tournament and surprisingly had a very good time! O yeah ... and I drove the Starion, so that helps :)

FANTA!!!

man somethings never change... i am pretty much off here for over a year and man your still pushing your half broken stuff until it breaks. A leaky injector continues to leak until the pressure on the input side drops low enough so the pintel can hold it. When the car is running it means you are always passing fuel in between your firing pulse.

The little things you dont see until its to late is the oil is being washed off the cylinder wall by the solvent the rest of us burn as fuel ;). You are killing your engine a little at a time everytime you drive it. Dont worry though... it wont fail in front of the cute girls... itll fail on the highway when your an hour away from anyone you know and man i hope its not on a road with no shoulder and i really hop no big trucks come by.

My morale as always because i like you... its the little things at untimely moments that kill you. A small insignificant thing like a leaky injector was part of the last moments of my cousins (and life long best friend) life.

Grow up man... your not 17 anymore. If you need an injector and cant afford one let me know, ill find you one and ship it to you if you promise to use it.

Monty

sorry to be so negative... i just see the worst possible scenario in things sometimes.

Drop them off, go back to the car, turn the key... crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRROOOM <_<

I freaking love this car ^_^

................................................................................

thats funny i 'd guess the car hates your guts,,it's been beging you to fix her for months and you do nothing :)

Your car was ashamed since you merely dropped them off and didn't break one or two of them off. :)

Or all of them.

My start up sequence is turn key, fires on the first starter pulse, wait a bit for things to stabilize, bump the jamz... put it in gear and smash the gas. LOL... jk about smashing the gas part, unless it's already warmed up.

This thread has back fired against you!!

-Robert

Monty - actually I had replaced the injector - and that one WAS good, then about a month later on down the road it slowly started to leak again. I have my finances a bit stretched at the moment, and at the given moment the car needs a clutch. I'm actually saving for some Delphi's...

Monty - actually I had replaced the injector - and that one WAS good, then about a month later on down the road it slowly started to leak again. I have my finances a bit stretched at the moment, and at the given moment the car needs a clutch. I'm actually saving for some Delphi's...

i'll sell you my Delphi's... it comes with an 87 Conquest white on red with 79k miles. $7000.

:laugh:

Lol, I got a story opposite of that.. Like how my car's fuse blew while I was trying to get out of a parking spot by my bank.. :( A really hot chick was passing by and my car totally died on me.. then I had to push it into another parking spot.. (My Starion)

Atleast my friend came and saved the day with his electric tape and wiring skills.

Edited by acidbath

Lol, I got a story opposite of that.. Like how my car's fuse blew while I was trying to get out of a parking spot by my bank.. :( A really hot chick was passing by and my car totally died on me.. then I had to push it into another parking spot.. (My Starion)

Atleast my friend came and saved the day with his electric tape and wiring skills.

THAT was your opportunity to wave her down and get some ASSistance.

-Robert

Edited by Komeuppance

LOL...yeah, get her to look under the hood. Then slam it on her, knocking her unconscious.....then she's like putty in your hands.

kinda

Turborusty

And then Rusty was born 9 months later!! LOL...

I was thinking more along the lines of actually talking to her... and dropping some smooth lines.

-Robert

see Robert that would work for you but these cave men have no use for the suddle aprouch , if you can't beat it with a club it ain't no fun ;)

Oh my lines are NOT subtle... LOL... but it makes them laugh, and if I can make them laugh... I'm in.

Rusty... the cave man... LOL... Captain CaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAaaaAAaave man!!

-Robert

A.J. There are certain things you can get away with....selling that car to Fanta isn't one of them.

Turborusty

good point. if i ever do that, i want you to personally fly to Charlotte and beat me like a coked-up monkey on a snare drum.

coked up monkey on a snare drum............

geez thats rough.

my offer still stands to do your clutch, i just want your struts.

and yea, your car is telling you two things, fix it and why didnt you work up something with snow white or alice at least? you can save the two hardcore punk rock chics for me.

you know i half expected this story to take a different turn.

So there we were driving the girls home in the middle of nowhere and i look up, the moon is full, and the starion dies. only odd thing is, one headlight goes down and back up real fast like the car is winking at me saying "your welcome fanta, maybe you will repay the favor by fixing me"

;)

The best was when i first got my car i was on the way to school with my girlfriend and at a stop light the car dies just before the light turns green, thankfully it was down hill, green light i coasted through the light off to the side of the road, hop out, wiggle the knock box connector, hop back in, crank-vroom! Being able to fix a car on the fly(she didnt know what i did) can be a turn on for some girls, then again ive been on the other side of that where i broke down 4hrs from home and turned a 4hr trip into a 15.

Grant, what kind of struts are you looking for? I have shp's on the maroon car,,,,I'd consider a swap to regular ones.

jimmy

nah jimmy, im wanting a set of brand new struts, just the cartridge as i want to put them inside the rear housings. (the ones everyone says doesnt come apart) ive got a set modified for coil overs and just need the front cartridge to go in the rears. ive already got the fronts ready to go.

coked up monkey on a snare drum............

geez thats rough.

my offer still stands to do your clutch, i just want your sluts.

and yea, your car is telling you two things, fix it and why didnt you work up something with snow white or alice at least? you can save the two hardcore punk rock chics for me.

Fixed. ;)

Fanta, you're lucky the ladies you're around know what a Starion is. I was talking to this cutie at the mall the other day [who happened to own a 1G GSX] and when she asked me what my "project" was, I told her it was an '87 Starion.

She had NO idea. Even funnier is her brother has a Conquest in the backyard.

So sad.