#1 Jay40245

Jay40245

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:cars
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:57 AM

I've run across the starquestclub.com car silhouette quarter glass decal a few times over the years, and I was always impressed with the visual impact and simplicity. It really captures the essence of the car without being over-the-top.
  I was wondering if any of the moderators or site administrators had considered remaking those decals and also using that design on t-shirts or even drink koozies. It seems to me that it would be a great way to raise some funds for the site. I personally would jump at the chance to buy some sqc swag, especially if doing so helps keep the site up and running. My Conquest is always on my mind, so it might as well be on my shirt too, lol.

#2 techboy

techboy

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts
  • Interests:80's & 90's turbo charged cars.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:57 PM

Lol ... here we go.  This idea came up in early 2017 as well.  We, meaning the SQC community here, had a similar conversation and I went as far as contacting a local vinyl sign making friend who does this sort of stuff large scale.  I did the work to get the silhouette image along with the font you see on the banner at the top of the page, he gave me a quote for like 500 stickers or something and as far as I know we still have everything in queue ready to go, all I have to do is call him and tell him to run it.  I was figuring I could sell them in sets of 2 here enough to cover my costs and then donate the rest to the board/community.  Unfortunately, I don't feel comfortable doing it until the powers that be give a blessing since somebody at some point made that artwork originally, and, we have worked out how and to who the proceed money would be passed along.

That said, I reached out a Rydler a couple times via PM but never got any response. I'm not on FB and don't plan to be, so I'm not sure where to go with the idea from here.  I never thought of a t-shirts, but I know a local t-shirt screen printer as well (I run a local car show myself so I have a lot of local hook-ups for things like this b/c of that) and I could have shirts made in probably less than 2 weeks.

Here's the original thread for what it's worth: http://www.starquest...qc decals&st=0

Bottom Line: I'd love to see this happen b/c I already have a bit of time and energy invested in this, but I need to know it's OK first.
1988 Starion ESi-R ... crushed by a tree 10/31/11 - back from the dead 8/2016
1988 Conquest TSi ... current driver - sold to Bigjoe 6/2016
1987 Conquest Flatty ... F/S thread - sold 8/2014
1987 Conquest TSi ... parts car - sold to Coldscrip 12/2011
1999 Eclipse 4G63 ... heavily modified.
Feeback Thread | Motor rebuild thread | Restoration thread

Posted Image

#3 jawatech

jawatech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Interests:Harley Davidson, Boost, Japanese Muscle, Arcade machines, Old Video games, PC Gaming

Posted 25 August 2018 - 11:40 PM

I just read through the other threads. I am interested as well. Is anyone even selling the other one anymore? Somebody put me down for whatever they got lol

#4 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:02 PM

View Posttechboy, on 25 August 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

Lol ... here we go.  This idea came up in early 2017 as well.  We, meaning the SQC community here, had a similar conversation and I went as far as contacting a local vinyl sign making friend who does this sort of stuff large scale.  I did the work to get the silhouette image along with the font you see on the banner at the top of the page, he gave me a quote for like 500 stickers or something and as far as I know we still have everything in queue ready to go, all I have to do is call him and tell him to run it.  I was figuring I could sell them in sets of 2 here enough to cover my costs and then donate the rest to the board/community.  Unfortunately, I don't feel comfortable doing it until the powers that be give a blessing since somebody at some point made that artwork originally, and, we have worked out how and to who the proceed money would be passed along.

That said, I reached out a Rydler a couple times via PM but never got any response. I'm not on FB and don't plan to be, so I'm not sure where to go with the idea from here.  I never thought of a t-shirts, but I know a local t-shirt screen printer as well (I run a local car show myself so I have a lot of local hook-ups for things like this b/c of that) and I could have shirts made in probably less than 2 weeks.

Here's the original thread for what it's worth: http://www.starquest....qc decals&st=0

Bottom Line: I'd love to see this happen b/c I already have a bit of time and energy invested in this, but I need to know it's OK first.

If Ryddler doesn't even reply on the own forum he controls, then Im sure doesn't care....

Give your artwork guy the go ahead....

#5 techboy

techboy

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,166 posts
  • Interests:80's & 90's turbo charged cars.

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:38 PM

I will see my guy on Wednesday night.  I'll ask him if he still has all the artwork I put together saved and get a new quote.  However, without any direction from any admin person I would just be selling them at my cost to you guys and there wouldn't be any proceeds per say going back to the community.
1988 Starion ESi-R ... crushed by a tree 10/31/11 - back from the dead 8/2016
1988 Conquest TSi ... current driver - sold to Bigjoe 6/2016
1987 Conquest Flatty ... F/S thread - sold 8/2014
1987 Conquest TSi ... parts car - sold to Coldscrip 12/2011
1999 Eclipse 4G63 ... heavily modified.
Feeback Thread | Motor rebuild thread | Restoration thread

Posted Image

#6 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,038 posts
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!... and curves with green eyes

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:07 PM

Count me in for some decals too!
My old set is starting to show its age
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Ebay To4E 57 Trim (in testing), P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, RPW Roller Cam, Crower Rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 85# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, GNT Poly Bushings and mounts, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
2016-17 SCCA Solo Glen Region Champion in Street Modified. Going for a 3-peat this year ;)
87 Valencia Gold TSI, The new Project
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tshirts, Quarter glass decals, Sqc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users