Carbon fiber / Fiberglass specialty parts

StallionProject86

Although my first take failed I haven't given up the hunt,

If your interested please note what you would like to have (air dam, hood, fenders, doors, ect)

and if you would also add in what finish (CF, or FG)

Also be aware that there will be a deposit required to insure you are in fact interested upon approval of pricing and part. Thanks everyone!

Okay we have 5 potential buyer(s),

1. StallionProject86 in for (CF pillars, spoiler, hood & door sills) 3/21 - 1st of 10 @ $130

2.BC_99 in for (CF pillars & spoiler)

3.Black86tsi in for (CF spoiler & door sills)

4.Meedsq in for (CF pillars & sills) 3/26 - 2nd of 10 @ $130

5.Leetaztsi in for (CF spoiler, A-pillars, B-pillars, rear pillars & sills) 4/5 - 3rd of 10 @ $130

6.PyroNate in for (CF sill) - 4th of 10 @ $130

Edited by StallionProject86
  • Like 1

Personally I see the only parts to sell 'well' will be fiberglass fenders, and a 'flexible' airdam. And by flexible, i mean you should be able to twist it and it wont break (ShineAutoProject over on rx7club makes parts that they SHOW being twisted and retaining shape).

Personally I see the only parts to sell 'well' will be fiberglass fenders, and a 'flexible' airdam. And by flexible, i mean you should be able to twist it and it wont break (ShineAutoProject over on rx7club makes parts that they SHOW being twisted and retaining shape).

Yea I agree we need flexibility. That's why I suggested polyurethane I'll check out ShineAuto and ask about their material I believe it'll be of the same base but I can make sure. .

I would be very interested in a extended rear wing with the wiper and antenna deleted, (like the one mookeh was supposed to produce and never came thru with), heres an example on the car in his ebay add. F/G would be ok, but C/F would be awesome(and what Im really hopin for). I could provide an oem spoiler for them to use as a platform to start with, as long as that would be taken into consideration when parts were produced. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MK1-FRP-REAR-HATCH-SPOILER-NEW-STARION-PART-/160488986343?hash=item255de396e7

I would also really like a set of b-post vents in C/F. Again I could provide an oem set for manufacturing use.

I would certainly consider any parts they wanted to manufacture for us, but a new owm style airdam in urethane would be a big seller for them. Hoods have been done by several sources, so I would suggest trying for something that isnt already available for us. Fenders in some composite form have been asked for repeatedly by several members in the past. I know a rear bumper with a lil more aggresive styling and possibly an optional diffuser has been brought up several times also. Good luck with this and keep us up to date on the progress.

BC_99

I would be very interested in a extended rear wing with the wiper and antenna deleted, (like the one mookeh was supposed to produce and never came thru with), heres an example on the car in his ebay add. F/G would be ok, but C/F would be awesome(and what Im really hopin for). I could provide an oem spoiler for them to use as a platform to start with, as long as that would be taken into consideration when parts were produced. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MK1-FRP-REAR-HATCH-SPOILER-NEW-STARION-PART-/160488986343?hash=item255de396e7

I would also really like a set of b-post vents in C/F. Again I could provide an oem set for manufacturing use.

I would certainly consider any parts they wanted to manufacture for us, but a new owm style airdam in urethane would be a big seller for them. Hoods have been done by several sources, so I would suggest trying for something that isnt already available for us. Fenders in some composite form have been asked for repeatedly by several members in the past. I know a rear bumper with a lil more aggresive styling and possibly an optional diffuser has been brought up several times also. Good luck with this and keep us up to date on the progress.

BC_99

That wing, or something similar would be an awesome addition. I was just talking about that with my brother. I'll definitely put in a word about having that done same goes with the b pillars. We'll keep in touch as you have the parts readily avaliable.

How about the door sills. I'd be in for those. Update the look a little bit. Like these....

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6776/doorsills.th.jpg

Or some trick looking "b" pillar vents

Alright I hear you. I'll take note.

I'd be in for the rear wing too but i was thinking do the rear wing and a rear like a set because the wing looks hawt but the lower rear portion on the car doesnt quite match with just the wing.

Who are the sketch artist's on here ? make up some good looking b pillars vent drawings

I'd be in for the rear wing too but i was thinking do the rear wing and a rear like a set because the wing looks hawt but the lower rear portion on the car doesnt quite match with just the wing.

Who are the sketch artist's on here ? make up some good looking b pillars vent drawings

Okay well I'm not sure if he will make a rear but we might be able to figure something out. And yea if someone could sketch something up that will be helpful I have some low budget CAD software that I can replicate the drawing with added dimension and what not. I'll try to sketch something up also but have been really busy lately.

well, as long as he can beat these prices. the same guy sells CF air dam for 400 if i remember right

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ultDomainQ5f100

http://cgi.ebay.com/...ultDomainQ5f100

Yea that's the goal I've seen the ones you listed here, lets hope GTF can come through. I don't doubt him though.

if i can find a pencil ill try and sketch some up, i used to draw a lot of 3d a few years back

I'm going to e-mail the guy later this evening and point out that there is definitely interest in our community. I wish their was a few more members with some interest, but I'll explain that I just posted the thread and already got quite an explosion. I am also going to state that we have possibly some donor parts in which to cast his molds. If Bc is compliant we can start out with the spoiler and vents if everyone is okay with that. ? It'll get the process moving quicker than waiting for other parts to be "readily available." On a side note I have a three piece front air dam on my car sorta beat but I could have it fixed if you choose. .I guess the one piece would be a lot cheaper though. Whatever the decision let me know sooner than later because I know air dams are in demand. Edited by StallionProject86