New Used Turbonetics Turbo

importwarrior

I did not know what the specs are on it.

The only 2 tags on it are:

Turbonetics bar code

and the other:

T-46534

after calling turbonetics they stated it is a

T3/T4B

Super H

52 Lb/min

57 Trim

.82 AR

The Tech at turbonetics stated it is capeable of 500 HP.

to me it is a small turbo. not as small as the stock turbo.

not sure of the performance on this turbo. I hope it will be good for a daily driver.

don't know much about plotting points on a map.

maybe one of you guys can give me some info on how this will perform.

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/sites/default/files/T04BS-3.gif

Edited by importwarrior

pressure ratio......@15 psi boost=(14.7+15) /14.7=2.02

so 2.02 is the pressure ratio of 15psi boost level.

1psi=1.07

2=1.14

3=1.20

4=1.27

5=1.34

6=1.41

7=1.48

8=1.54

9=1.61

10=1.68

11=1.75

12=1.82

13=1.88

14=1.95

15=2.02

16=2.09

17=2.16

18=2.22

19=2.29

20=2.36

21=2.43

22=2.50

23=2.56

Thats the easy side of the chart.

I would rather not coment on the CFM's of the engine because this will be a never ending thread of na' sayers and no one putting up any math.

I have been down this road, even did a 10 page thing on it in college....but that means nothing to some people here......just saying.

you need cfm @ rpm @efficiency temp rise x's ambiant temp. in degrees rankine(530) then/ by comp.efficiency density ratio then some more crap...... to get an exact pinpoint of that graff.

we really need someone to do some experiments in real life with temp sensors and dyno's to help with this kind of math to be exact.

You can only do so much with a pencil and reading info from other peoples work. Its a hands on and book smart kinda thing.

Your better off to buy something throw it on there if you dont like it then sell it on ebaay....i guess...lol

It will perform ok. What are you looking for out of it? Your MPI right? Got a proper manifold for it? The housing is older tec and not as efficient as modern design. It's a bit smaller then I would like on the front, but that will make it a bit more responsive.

If the price is right why not? At minimum it gives you a fram that could be built into other turbos if you wish. The t3/t4 combs have so many possibilities which is a high point for them. As long as long as it's in working condition it will still be wroth something at the end of the day so if you don't like it you could sell it too.

Also some really good news is while the islands on that map are not supper efficient... looks like 73% in the center.... that makes them much larger then say a very skinny 90% island in the very center. It's another one of those tradoff deals.

So while 73% is pretty good it will be sweet you can stay in the center island allot longer then say just being in a 90% island for a very short time. Or like me, just not really even capable of hitting the very center island (but the price was right on mine too, and I'm not making a living with it) So it gets the job done.

http://www.stealth316.com/images/td05h-18g-cfm.gif

This is why I like the 18g

77% above 2.4

If you can hit it just right.......but the % #'s around it aint so bad either

A rought conversion is 1 lb of air a min x 14.47= cfm

So 35 lbs min = 500 cfm, than compare those points on the maps at a 2.4 presure ratio (20 psi)

To me it looks like the turbonetics is smaller then a 20g and gives up eficencey as well. It might match up better with a 18g or 16g

Bolt it on and see if you like it.