is this a bad idea for a weekend driver???

importwarrior

Just wondering the benefits of this setup?

also would this be a bad idea for a car that is drivern fairly often?

NOW i am just talking aboput the aluminum tank and fuel lines and pump in the trunk.

i believe this would be great for cornering. what other benefit or problem with doing this?

http://images.craigslist.org/00J0J_lyHMr8j7bq4_600x450.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/00J0J_lyHMr8j7bq4_600x450.jpg

Yeah, might want to check local laws... some places don't allow fuel cells on street cars.

Would definitely cut down on weight, but would be bringing the lesser weight up higher, which would change the center of gravity a bit, but probably not enough to even notice the difference. Would definitely make for easier servicing.

Yeah, might want to check local laws... some places don't allow fuel cells on street cars.

Typically you can run a fuel cell for street, provided it fills from the outside of the car though an approved filler neck. A fill inside is typically a NO NO.

well it is fed from the stock fuel pump and tank from the car, then from the aluminum tank to the fuel pump in pic above to the fuel rail.

it goes from

stock tank - fuel pump

to aluminum fuel tank

to HP pump

to fuel rail

returning to the aluminum tank upper {middle} hose

returning to the stock fuel tank from top of aluminum tank hose.

i am not doing it but it is in a STI for sale here in DC area.

Thanks

i agre not god for street use.

Edited by importwarrior

you do realize you just said you were going to pressurize a plastic fuel tank

one of the best rally raceing fuel tanks in the world is the stock fuel tank , you for get all those

baffles in there why would those be inside a fuel tank

you do realize you just said you were going to pressurize a plastic fuel tank

one of the best rally raceing fuel tanks in the world is the stock fuel tank , you for get all those

baffles in there why would those be inside a fuel tank

READ!!!!!!! Learn to READ THE ACTUAL POST.

well it is fed from the stock fuel pump and tank from the car, then from the aluminum tank to the fuel pump in pic above to the fuel rail.

it goes from

stock tank - fuel pump

to aluminum fuel tank

to HP pump

to fuel rail

returning to the aluminum tank upper {middle} hose

returning to the stock fuel tank from top of aluminum tank hose.

i am not doing it but it is in a STI for sale here in DC area.

Thanks

i agre not god for street use.

That plastic tank is a water/meth tank. Read the post of you want to help and quit looking for a reason to crucify someone, MR Moderator.

BC_99

Edit, There is nothing at all wrong with that setup. Sure, it might be a bit more than you would ever need for a street car, but I would rather have more bullets than I needed if Im fighting a war, wouldn't you?. Ignore the haters and the illiterate.

Edited by BC_99

IF you are gonna do that then you need a firewall between the trunk and cabin. Without a metal firewall a fuel leak can set the inside of your car on fire in seconds.

This. As well as a fire retardant system/ fogger that can be triggered from drivers reach and it sprays fuel cell area, cabin and engine bay. At least thats the requirement on race cars.

I noticed the plastic tank was water/meth. I still stand by my statement that the fire extinguisher is in a stupid spot.

Yeah, I agree the extinguisher should be in a better spot. That post wasn't meant for you.

IF you are gonna do that then you need a firewall between the trunk and cabin. Without a metal firewall a fuel leak can set the inside of your car on fire in seconds.

and how combustible is the water/meth mix? I don't think that it could be too dangerous since they make plastic tanks to store it in the vehicle.

BC_99

I don't see what the drama is, there are thousands of cars with that setup. Usually old cars with a modern fuel injected engine or highly modified engine in need of high pressure fuel system, race cars or both.

Wagons or hatchbacks would require separation from passenger cabin.

and how combustible is the water/meth mix? I don't think that it could be too dangerous since they make plastic tanks to store it in the vehicle.

BC_99

I can't say because I've never used it. BUT that's not what I'm talking about. The Gasoline pump, filter, lines etc are also in that pic and in the trunk. Gasoline is very flammable.

If you dont race, pointless. Stock setup is fine. Aluminum can is to ensure proper fuel supply under sudden/harsh side to side loading. Keep the fuel outside of the cabin.

Had more thought been put into it, it couldve been assembled close together in the empty spare tire well and then had an aluminum fire box bolted over it.

Edited by Funky Phil

READ!!!!!!! Learn to READ THE ACTUAL POST.

That plastic tank is a water/meth tank. Read the post of you want to help and quit looking for a reason to crucify someone, MR Moderator.

Mr 99 man get over your self , you take every word as a direct attack on you , please stop and reread your own post as to what you planed on doing , your not the first to come up with a lift or

prepump but using an 80 psi pump is not a proper pump to use and can you tell me why

BC_99

Edit, There is nothing at all wrong with that setup. Sure, it might be a bit more than you would ever need for a street car, but I would rather have more bullets than I needed if Im fighting a war, wouldn't you?. Ignore the haters and the illiterate.