BC_99

Plays in traffic

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,117 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

Me too Fuze.

The header mess and the few idiots who couldn’t manage to follow instructions and get their exhaust from that big gb installed. My 2.5 inch system fit great. But there were some morons that couldn’t figure it out, and one clown who was mad that his wouldn’t fit a big Garrett or something like it turbo on a treadstone manifold, then had a “fabricator friend” hack it up and cobble it back together, and then asked for a full refund. And threw a fit when mk1 told him to pound sand. Then Jody1 would occasionally get on his soapbox about their stuff, cuz I think he got one of the first crap headers and every time someone posted an mk1 product, he would get on here and bash the, over and over. Thankfully I didn’t get their header, but everything that I have bought from them has been great stuff that fit well, and still functions as it is supposed to.

BC
Steering coupler replacement U-Joints are available here...
http://www.starquest...howtopic=145280

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#22 MotoCam360

MotoCam360

Established Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • Interests:SQ, SY/TY, BMW, electronics, motorcycles, snowbikes

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:39 PM

I've got tons of MK1 stuff like the 3" SS DP with Flex, crank trigger wheel, Fiberglass hatch spoiler, bushings, etc, etc and it's all been good

Edited by MotoCam360, 07 December 2017 - 02:39 PM.

Tim

My Feedback Link
'87 Red 5spd | '87 Atlantic Blue 5spd | '88 Yellow auto | '88 Fiji Auto | '89 Fiji auto
Posted Image
  New/Used SQ parts can be found on Ebay under "MotoCam360"

#23 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,389 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

Same here. I've got all my silicone hoses from him and they've been good.
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KYB's, ST springs, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

JohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

#24 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,665 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing
  • Model:Starion

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:01 AM

BC remembers the details well. I'm pretty sure every company deals with these quality control issues here or there, it's the cost of doing business. Jody1 was totally out of control and spammed every thread with MK1 in it, basically trying to ruin it for everybody. Funny how you never really saw that user after MK1 left.

I feel for the vendors. I have parts I have made that people have seen and asked me to make for them, and I'm always leery. When I've done similar things in the past it always seemed like a great idea until that first customer who wants to talk the price down, or pay me now and later, and I get pissed lol. My aggravation has a high dollar value lol.

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#25 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!... and curves with green eyes
  • Model:Starion

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

That 3" SS DP was a nice item! I used that for a long time. Even chopped off the Mitsubishi flange and welded on a V-band for the holset setup. Sits on the shelf now, to be used again one day im sure. Never had a bad experience with them. 101 was great to deal with! Wish he wouldn't have got run off
Sure there was the header debacle ... but I digress
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Ebay To4E 57 Trim (in testing), P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, O-Ringed Block, Schneider 284-H, prepped rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 75# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, Poly Bushings, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
87 Valencia Gold TSI, The new Project
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users