So picked up an 88 shp Fiji blue quest yesterday for my girlfriend

ls1rx7

After a very eventful day of driving 5+hrs we get to the quest that has been sitting for a few months. Look the car over check fluids drop new batt in and she fired right up. Load her on the trailer and drive 5+hrs back home threw Texas big cities and horrible traffic. Well now gotta get the girlfriend to join the forum and start posting.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x11/ls1fc3/starquest/IMG_9406.jpeg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x11/ls1fc3/starquest/IMG_8778.jpeg

we have a lot of work ahead of us once she joins the forum she will start a build thread. As of now lots of cleaning and getting her running right. The plan is to keep the car road worthy as we build and restore.

So far i have pulled the intercooler to drain the oil out it, not sure if its from blow by or seal in turbo. The turbo has very little shaft play. So once i get all the oil outta the piping and intercooler going to unhook the blow by lines and run it a bit to see where the oil is coming from.

Ha ha two days working on the quest after work till after dark starting to realize I'm getting old! Adding injector clips and removing everything under the hood not needed to the to do list. Edited by ls1rx7

Got it all oil cleaned out swapped to 1g mas was going to leave oil separator unhooked to make sure the oil wasn't blow by but it wouldn't stay running. Hooked it back up and fired right up. Let it warm up then drove it a few mins got in boost and the 14b pulls good, good bit of oil smoke on decel. I pulled compressor outlet pipe and it was a little smokey. Starting to think its not the turbo.