K~Sports

Because I found these before I spoke to niko I am getting d2's now. so no biggie

That was not directed at you or anyone specifically. I am glad you got hooked up with my buddy niko, to save you the most $. You may wanna check out the vendor section for any future needs. Enjoy.

BC_99

That was not directed at you or anyone specifically. I am glad you got hooked up with my buddy niko, to save you the most $. You may wanna check out the vendor section for any future needs. Enjoy.

BC_99

And if you need someone to do your welding for you, Britt (BC_99) is the man...he did mine and they look awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
The K sports have a different dial adjustment range (not as wide) and slightly lower spec on a few of the internal parts, but yes they are made by the same manufacturer and look the same. I forget where I got the info. Still a quality street coilover and light years ahead of a lowering spring or sleeve-over/strut combo.

Ksport Kontrol Pro Fully Adjustable Coilover Kits provide the ultimate in suspension technology for your vehicle, both on the street or at the track. 36 levels of damping adjustment allow fine tuning of the damper to suit both handling and comfort needs. The damping adjustment alters compression and rebound simultaneously, for more effective and user-friendly setup changes.

Pillow ball top mounts in the front and rear on some applications allow the vehicle to install and setup to OEM specifications. Ksport’s patented upper pillow ball mount offers the same level of adjustability and performance, but allows for compliance that is often required from high-demand strut applications.

On applicable models, the pillowball upper mounts offer camber adjustment, saving the need for a special, separate camber kit. For enthusiasts seeking the ultimate in adjustability, Ksport’s advanced upper pillow ball mount is available on some applications, giving the option for separate camber and caster adjustment.

Most applications utilize an adjustable lower mount, which means height adjustability without losing suspension travel—a problem found in many coilover systems available today. Since mounts and most pieces in the coilover system are designed from 6061 billet aluminum, the components are lightweight, durable, and rust resistant. Steel shock bodies are electroplated with zinc to resist rust and protect from the elements. The shock or strut valving for each piece is matched accordingly to the spring rate, giving superior ride quality and reliability.

The Ksport system uses a monotube design in which the oil and gas are separated within the cylinder. When compared to twin tube construction, the monotube design dissipates heat faster and more evenly, allows finer damping adjustments, and requires more expensive design process. Aeration and cavitation issues are a lot less common in a monotube design, which results in a more consistent ride quality.

The Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilover system has been designed with professional road racing in mind, offering extremely high value and performance for any application.

Edited by stariondreams

Well Established in 1997, D2 Racing Sports is not only specialized in manufacturing shock absorbers for automotive modification kits, but also provides a variety of shock absorbers for customers. D2 Racing has teams located around the world in Thailand, Taiwan, China and Hong Kong using their coilovers and racing suspension. They also have branches in Macao, Singapore, Australia, England, Canada and USA. All D2 Products are tested by many instruments and professional racing teams to meet their high standards for quality and reliability before they are sold.

D2 Racing Sports has produced a high quality complete coil over system for our automotive needs. Giving the enthusiast the perfect coil over system which is fully adjustable with a 36 point damping adjustment, adjustable ride height, and even camber adjustability for some applications. D2 Racing Coilovers are the solution to upgrading your suspension without the hassle of having to purchasing everything separately and worrying about compatibility issues.

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/2/d2-racing-coilover.jpg

D2 Racing Coilovers Feature:

• Fully adjustable (36-way dampening(51mm shocks), and ride height)
  • Custom spring rates (3.5, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, and 22 kg/mm)
  • Pillow ball mounts included w/ camber plates!
  • Telflon-coated threads
  • Flawless CNC finish
  • 2 Keys for adjusting ride height
  • Carefully matched spring and damper rates
  • 1 year warranty

• 36 DIFFERENT DAMPING SETTINGS-Freely adjust the damping settings to meet the requirement of street setup and enjoy the hedonics of speed.

• Rubber upper mount and pillowball rubber upper mounts of street McPherson coilover is for your options, it also keeps the original comfort setup for 60%.

• The major setup of spring rate and damping setting is for daily street comfort use. As far as without effect the setup of daily street use and sometimes can be used for weekend racing.

• ∮50mm strut∮44mm piston for monotube design-Oil and gas separately to increase the stability damping force. The shock body is made by forged aluminium (6061) to reduce the weight and increase the safety of the shock absorber. Due to this design can avoid the rusty of coilover because it will snow for some countries which will put some salt on the road.

• The most important function for ride height adjustable is avoided to compress the spring by the spring seat caused the unusual sound when you change the ride height or lower the vehicle too much caused the spring seat does not snug the spring, that will damage the coilover. The coilover can be dropped 60mm~100mm from OE ride height.

• Any application that doesn’t appear on our application guide can be customized to meet our customer’s requirements.

• All applications listed on our website are for 2WD model unless we specify 4WD.

• The "model year" defined for each application on our website might be different to the ones in each country; therefore, please confirm the "production years" with us if you cannot make sure.

PILLOWBALL RUBBER TOP MOUNT http://www.k-sportracing.com/img/products/shock/top-P+.jpg http://www.k-sportracing.com/img/products/shock/top-P+_1.jpg

The pillowball rubber top mount is the best product as it is the same as OE top mount and able to eliminate the shock noise made by the pillowall top mount.

KEY FEATURES

• Camber adjustable Pillowball top mount is racing performance product purpose so it is easy to creating some shock noise under some circumstances. Some people do care about the unusual sound made by the pillowball top mount, the pillowball rubber top mount is the best choice as it is able to reduce the unusual sound made by the pillowball top mount.

• Combined the handling of pilowball top mount and the comfort of stock top mount.

• Be able to absorb the jolt like the rubber top mount.

• It is suitable for McPherson suspension in street purpose.

OK, so the 36 way adjustment on the K's means these are different than the ones they were selling last year. Those had a 20-something range of adjustment.

The K's also have rubber pillow ball mounts, the D2's don't have the rubber so the K's apparently are geared toward street use and comfort. That's how the description reads anyway.

No matter what, anybody would be happy with either coilover setup in their Starion. Anybody that likes LOOOWWWWWWW without banging off the bump stops will love them. Camber plates can be easily changed, if anything.
  • Like 1

D2's come in different ranges, their more street orientated ones have rubber mounts. Mine do, for example. Still camber adjustable, but no pillow-ball bearing.

Interesting. Did hear there were a few flavors for a Starion, but I don't think they were sold in the US except by special order. Mine have the metal pillow balls, but I got 'em as soon as they became available here. Maybe Niko knows.