#1 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:49 PM

Anyway to remove the button from ebrake handle?  Mine is chipping and I'd like to paint it or replace it with a metal one.

#2 BuGG

BuGG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:Starquests forever!
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:10 PM

The plastic button is not round inside the lever.  The metal structure inside the lever has a slot for the button to move in and out and the back side of the button is more oval in shape.  the metal sleeve area where the button slides can be widened a little to make it easier to spin out.  It is threaded so it screws in but the button itself is difficult to hold onto.  You may damage the button just by trying to hold onto it with a pair of pliers.  Remember its plastic so it doesn't take much to damage it,  You can remove the outer rubber skin of the emergency handle but i cant remember if its glued to the metal structure.  So when you get it off you will most likely have to glue it back on when you put the rubber back on.

Edited by BuGG, 05 April 2020 - 05:12 PM.

Posted Image

#3 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:34 PM

Thanks for the info!

I'll see if that is feasible, or maybe I can mask it really good and paint it on the handle, or if there's a lever at the salvage yard in something that would work as a replacement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users