oil seperator

knightrider56

hi guys...does anyone know where the three lines coming from the oil seperator go starting from the top of oil seporator then middle to bottom...id really appreciate it....i was fixing an exhaust leak coming from manifold gasket and i had to take apart one side half of the engine...

do they ever go bad ..and if so where can i find a new one...i tried this site http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=1 but it says vapor canister ...is that the oil seperator.......also they carry a fuel vapor seperator....maybe they call it by another name......

thx a mil indiana for the specs

Edited by knightrider56

You could only get one from the dealer if there are any left if yours is missing post in the part wanted for one. The charcoal/fuel canister is something different.

The hoses can go bad they are a larger diameter but soft thin wall, the hose can't collapse or be mashed or kinked or the flow through it will effect the pressure it carries.

They are usually thrown away along with the air filter can and the hose to the turbo inlet, bad idea they need to be there

your intercooler needs to come off its going to have allot of oil in it, need rinsed with solvent it effect air flow greatly, that oil gets pushed into the intake manifold and the oil lowers your octane level, burns very slowly and hot, leaves carbon deposits in your combustion chamber as a residue. a big dose of oil under some boost could kill your motor from the detonation it could cause, burn a hole right through your piston