Starting new motor 1uz

pancake88

Ok guys like it says im putting a 1uz in my quest got a running motor out of sc400 for free couldn't pass that up I just need to get my hands on a r154 or w58 trans this is what I have done so far not much but a start.

Cleaned up and set in

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac203/1jzconquest/300096_225390420851397_100001413238035_601372_1727676267_n.jpg

i used an 89 supra non turbo W58, steel center. and as for the website listed above, he will take care of you. My car was one of the test cars for that setup and the owner of the company is a friend i see weekly. he has everything on the shelf ready to ship. When you get a trans, get the front driveshaft off the supra aswell, you will need the yoke and about 6"s of the shaft, then have your starquest driveline mated to it via busing. i think it was 34" overall but its all about where you set your engine, i had mine a bit forward to keep the firewall in tact. Edited by yokomo

Thanks guys I have been really busy lately about to get back to it thanks for all the suggestion it will help that is trans I plain on useing also I just need to get my hands on one and I have went over yokomo build many times and have got a lo of ideas from it hope mine turs out as good thanks guys

Try and pick up an R154, that way you can build power and not worry about it. More expensive and bigger but you won't break it. I don't know how much power you will end up with but if it's over 400 try and get the R154, guys are breaking the 58's.

The Lexus motor is such a nice choice. So smooth.

The other day I was looking at a 4.4L BMW V8 in a wrecked X5 with saliva dripping off my mouth.... Pushrod motor with a really low height. EDIT: Not pushrod, LOL

Edited by Fuze

• 3 weeks later...
I been wanting to do this swap seen I read yokomo's build. Once I get back to the mainland I'm gonna look for a good swap canidate. Please keep us posted on your progress. Edited by TSI_law

Has anyone seen that obx makes itb set up for the 1uz? Pretty cheap around 800 or so on ebay. Anyone heard anything about them?

2 sets of 20V 4age itbs would do you better. Requires stand alone fuel management. i actually have 2 sets somewhere