Well, it's underway ( candle company lol )

Fanta

http://signup.octanecandles.com

I've found my manufacturer ( I tried on my own, it... it's cheaper, and better this way :lol: ), found the fragrances, found the containers, now all that's left is finishing the website and getting the stickers for the tins ( 8oz candle tins - a bit more manly ) and I'll be set to go :ph34r:

That is super cool. Hope it works out for you...... maybe it will be come your new job.

I'm actually trying to set it up to where orders go through the site to the manufacturer and then they can ship it out - basically work more on the site and marketing, while still working my main job. Who knows, if it does happen to become successful, like you said, maybe it'll be my main job and go in somewhat different direction in life ( or take some time to finish up my school at least )

That's hard to say - I was thinking of just doing straight out race gas ( with the tea tree oil )

I'm always open to some suggestions though! Some were gas/leather, diesel/campfire - I was joking on gas and marshmallows for a blown headgasket :D

Edited by Fanta

That's hard to say - I was thinking of just doing straight out race gas ( with the tea tree oil )

I'm always open to some suggestions though! Some were gas/leather, diesel/campfire - I was joking on gas and marshmallows for a blown headgasket :D

DONT DO Tea Tree oil it's poisonus and you would breath it right in.

DONT DO Tea Tree oil it's poisonus and you would breath it right in.

If ingested internally then yes, it's toxic, as are a lot of things. Breathing it in is fine. A lot of vaporizers and stuff to help clear up colds and respiratory illness uses tea tree oil, as does aromatherapy, as well as make-up and skin treatments.

http://www.cancer.or...ls/tea-tree-oil

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-113-TEA%20TREE%20OIL.aspx?activeIngredientId=113&activeIngredientName=TEA%20TREE%20OIL

http://ec.europa.eu/.../sccp_o_160.pdf

Edited by Fanta

Thought that was oil, gear oil, with a hint of sweet coolent smell.

That covers the HG issues... maybe a race gas and engine fire scent from a leaky fuel system? Or, a nice, acrid burnt clutch smell? A candle that smells like broken dreams and shame would cover it all!

I was just playin, being the typical male chauvinist pig type. I know there are... what with TV shows like All Girls Garage, and whatnot. Even my wife can swap a turbo.

Thought that was oil, gear oil, with a hint of sweet coolent smell.

you cant forget the bloody knuckles mixed in there too. lol

Edited by wrngwae

you cant forget the bloody knuckles mixed in there too. lol

blood and tears, maybe with some despair thrown in.

Oh, and Fanta, are you gonna do a group buy or anything? I'd be down to try one out. Might even buy some for the bar/office when it's done because it will be car themed.

Edited by Burton

That would either smell like nothing, or smell like unicorns, because they just don't exist :)

No they exist but there like my mom who can put a trans on her chest roll under the car with it on a creeper and flex it up into place to start the first bolt. Yeah not the kind you want to take home right there unless your into the getting bet up kind of thing.

I know of 1 and she's not even a mechanic she's a body person that is "decent" looking.

But seriously mix new car, and leather...... mmmmmm the sent everyone wants back in there car.

Or if you could serioulsy capture that unique smell you do get from some cars. I think you might have a seller there. Could try as as your focus group ;)

Edited by jszucs

WD-40. one of my favorite smells on earth.

I see a great gag gift (pun intended). Offer some that are purposefully mislabeled as "blue berries", etc. :ph34r:

"Dingle Berries", bet you very few people would know what it actually is.