latest viper

Alcyone

take the riceboi spoiler and red stripe off it and I'd rock it!

also new ZR1 > any viper to ever roll out of a dodge plant

It's a ACR (American Club Raceer) . its 100% functional and there for a reason. Its not a "everyday" Viper. The aero provides 1000lbs of downforce at 100mph vs. 100lbs of the regular SRT.

For godsakes. it comes from the factory with 80 treadwear Racing slicks!

If your a straightline fanboy... go for the SRT. If you want a real ride you go for the ACR.

Edited by Sully

take the riceboi spoiler and red stripe off it and I'd rock it!

also new ZR1 > any viper to ever roll out of a dodge plant

you have any tests or data? and that wing is functional by the way, not just cosmetic...do you think the wings on top fuel cars are rice?

for the record, not that I care, cause personally no one on here will own either one.... but SRT viper < carbon ZR1+ viper ACR is a RACE CAR, not really a street car like the ZR1 ....BTW better get a viper while you can, cause they are going to be done soon.

the only thing I dont like about a viper is "new" they are like 90k? and the vette WAS like 50K? before the latest one, 40k? diff and they can compete THOUGH I LOVE THE VIPER , I got to drive one once and it was..... :P....(dad was looking at it before second marriage.) that was I think 2004 ? anywho I like em both honestly but the viper is a much meaner looking car to me ^^ once you have a car like that you dont have to race ^^

I think the Viper is more suited as a toy....and the Vette is a very capable car that you could still live with day to day if you wanted to.

I'd give an un(re)productive nut for either one.

But my wife likes the Vette better....and she earns the $$$ so If we were to buy one.......even being a Dodge guy, I'm certain it wouldn't be the Viper....and I'm also certain I wouldn't be disappointed.

Turborusty

the ACR viper and zr-1 vette are both just over $100k.

2004...not today. and i didnt mean the top models either. dang i suck at explanations.

2004...not today. and i didnt mean the top models either. dang i suck at explanations.

well what i find funny is how every generation of the viper the head bolts get smaller. hell the 08 viper uses off the shelf head bolts out of a 3.3 caravan motor. but man those viper acrs are crazy i was out a willow springs for a viper days track day and man some of those guys in the 08 vipers were laying down low 1:30 to high 1:29's on their stock tires.

both the ZR-1 and the ACR are mindbogglingly fast, but what gets my motor running is the sound of that exhaust of the 8.4L V10 and the sexiest sheet metal on ANY production vehicle... Viper baby, all day.