#1 GoldStar

GoldStar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 11 September 2021 - 08:01 PM

Got a few quick questions regarding some stuff I noticed about my quest:
  • Is there a quick way to check if the balance shafts have been eliminated, or is pulling the timing cover really the only way to know?
  • I noticed the engine is at 3k RPMs at 70 MPH in 5th gear. Does that sound right for stock gearing? Seems short to me.
  • How the hell to I drop my rear seats if the plastic seat releases are missing?
Thanks in advance

#2 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 11 September 2021 - 10:30 PM

1. There's a balance shaft tensioner access plate you can remove on the timing cover. If there's a tensioner bolt behind it, you still have balance shafts.

2. Yes that's normal

3. Plastic seat release? The seats are held in with bolts.
88 Fiji Blue -TSi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

<SOS> http://sosmanuals.minagera.org/
<SQ Garage> http://www.starquestgarage.com/

#3 JAinsworth

JAinsworth

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,009 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 12 September 2021 - 06:30 AM

TexasQuest, he is talking about the back part of the seats. You can stick a screwdriver in the same slot the plastic piece goes in and move the mechanism to release the fold down part.

#4 GoldStar

GoldStar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 05:37 PM

Yes, the seat backs. I tried getting in there with a long screwdriver, but I could never figure out how to work the mechanism with it. I'll play with them some more when the weather lets up a bit. Thanks for the help.

#5 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:42 AM

just use a screwdriver or some other long blunt object to pull the metal peg towards the front of the car to release the seats.

if you don't mind bending your fingernails off you can get it with an edge of your nail and pull foward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users