#1 Mix_67

Mix_67

Wheel Spinner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 12 July 2021 - 06:48 AM

So I have just finished my install on my rear camber plates and complete rear shp strut housing conversion with my Cosmo dual spring coilovers. What is everyone running for alignment specs for Auto-x?

I have not attempted to get realigned yet just got the car back down and sitting on its own weight.

"Speed costs money. How fast do YOU want to go?"-Spoolin' Fools, Venus PA
"I was doing fine until about mid corner, that's pretty much were I ran out of talent and spun the car"
'87 Flatty Intercooled w/ 16gEvo3 @ 18psi, ssq-bov, ARP Head Studs, BSEK, 5-speed swap, 5 lug swap w/ 6bolt LSD, 3:90's, Cosmo Dual Spring Coilovers, MK1Shocks, MK1 Camber Plates, M28 head, Tial 38, SAFC-2, SSI-4,750/1400 Injectors
2010 DSM Shoot-Out DSM MAXeffort Street Tire Winner

#2 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,524 posts
  • Interests:Killin' cones at 400WTQ!... and curves with green eyes
  • Model:Starion

Posted 13 July 2021 - 10:16 AM

With toyo R888 275-17 rear and 255-17 fronts I run -1.5° camber in the rear and about -3° front. 34psi rear 36 front. As for the rest of the specs I'd have to look it up. I think I run a little tow in also.
That's just me playing with camber until it wasn't too tight or loose on hard corners. I know on cooler days a little less front camber seems to work better. Could just be my sub par driving style :)
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Turbo Lab GTX3071R, P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, RPW Roller Cam, Crower Rods, AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 85# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, GNT Poly Bushings and mounts, Autopower 4 point cage, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
2016, 17, 19 SCCA Solo, Glen Region Season Champion in Street Modified
The Valencia Project
http://www.starquest...+golden +dreams
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

#3 obsolete

obsolete

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 10:22 AM

psu_Crash, what are you running for sway bars?
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

#4 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 14 July 2021 - 09:39 AM

34-36 psi? That seems high. Why not drop it down to around 28-30 so when the tires heat up you don't risk a loss in traction?

#5 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,524 posts
  • Interests:Killin' cones at 400WTQ!... and curves with green eyes
  • Model:Starion

Posted 14 July 2021 - 01:07 PM

View Postobsolete, on 13 July 2021 - 10:22 AM, said:

psu_Crash, what are you running for sway bars?

Adecco bars

View PostTurbo Cary, on 14 July 2021 - 09:39 AM, said:

34-36 psi? That seems high. Why not drop it down to around 28-30 so when the tires heat up you don't risk a loss in traction?

Any less and I get too much tire roll and loss of traction. The extra psi keeps the tire flat and keeps traction. At 28 I would destroy the sidewalls. I chalk the tires and adjust pressure accordingly to get right to the sweet spot using all the tread, but no more. You want wear right up to that little arrow on the sidewall. Then send it!

Edit: On the street I do drop them back to 32.

Edited by psu_Crash, 14 July 2021 - 01:16 PM.

'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Turbo Lab GTX3071R, P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, RPW Roller Cam, Crower Rods, AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 85# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, GNT Poly Bushings and mounts, Autopower 4 point cage, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
2016, 17, 19 SCCA Solo, Glen Region Season Champion in Street Modified
The Valencia Project
http://www.starquest...+golden +dreams
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users