Tired of the Heat

holeysocks

Yeah, you guys up by Dallas are getting hammered. We've been setting or matching high heat records a ton down here by San Antonio, but we've only been around the 103-105 range. From what I see on my local weather reports, you guys up there by Dallas have been around 110 for a number of days the past few weeks.

Really, the temps just over 100 down here suck but it's bearable, and sure beats suffering thru Michigan winters, but I'm kinda suprised you guys are getting so much higher temps even tho you're further north than we are here.

How are you guys on rain? We're in one of this area's worst droughts.

Edited by Burton

I don't think we have got rain near Waco since April. Everything is yellow and dead. It's a drastic change from being in Wisconsin where I am currently sitting. Lol it's like 80 max and we got a down pour last night. Everything is so green up here.

Yeah here in Arkansas we have been hitting a lot of new records...

Local towns all new top record is 114 lol. Strangely ive heard the town in live in has a record of 120 which is supposed to be highest in Arkansas....

Im not sure if thats true or not...or someone's thermometer was broken back in the 30's lol

97 f today , i was tire'd of setting in the house,, so i start'd serviceing the push mowers , change'd out 4 sets of pull ropes ( fun)

got all 4 mower runing , 2 of them had not been ran in 8 years , 2 self propell'd unknow condition

even manage'd to get a big mouth full of gasoline ,, :( don't as it was a stupid thing to do ) back blew a fuel line with a seal'd gas cap lol

manage'd to waste 7 hours time

We've been setting records left and right in Wichita too. Couple of days...111....113...BEFORE the heat index.

Folks, I don't care if it a dry heat, that's just oppressive hot.

Burton, to answer your query of why it's a little cooler in the south....there's been a pocket, or bubble of hot air and high pressure sitting smack-dab over the midsection of the country, and we have had no cool fronts strong enough to push it on. What they HAVE done is deform it a little here and there, and made is bulge (if you will) to the east a bit, but then the cool front dissipated, and it more or less snapped back.

However, what I see, in the middle of the week, WE will be getting a reasonably strong cold front to move this thing....I really hope it has enough nuts to push it past you guys. You don't want any of this thing. I know we don't always see eye to eye, but I know you work outside a lot, and coupled with Texas humidity...this would be a trip to the hospital.

If it comes your way down there....take a few days off. Concentrate on some decals. Something INSIDE.

Tim