Bad RIde Home from PF

jonboyb

Our group that headed out this morn is finally all home. Dad's car decided to run at the temperature of a steam engine.....my fuel pump started going about 10 miles from home.......and for our grand finale....

Braden's fuel pump died on the side of I-75/I-85 slap dab in the middle of Atlanta....he had to ice it down 4 times to get home.

Anyways ......far more eventful trip home than we had wanted .....but everyone's home now. Enjoyed seeing everyone as usual.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah..the old star star finally gave me some trouble....I kept picturing the beach and hot ladies on the side of I-75...Instead a Tow truck showed up with a little guy with a big mouth.... Not really the same...I had a good time seeing old faces and meeting knew ones...Did I say it was hot??

Yeah..the old star star finally gave me some trouble....I kept picturing the beach and hot ladies on the side of I-75...Instead a Tow truck showed up with a little guy with a big mouth.... Not really the same...I had a good time seeing old faces and meeting knew ones...Did I say it was hot??

Eh well. It happens. At least its just a fuel pump. :)

Glad you got home safe, and it was awesome to hear that car again last night, lol.

Ahh man sorry to hear that, glad you all made it home though. My pump was screeming like a cheap taiwanese....well you know...but we made it to sc about ten min ago

Hit the dragon on our way out, by far the most amazing ride I've ever had in this car.. No traffic, no cops.. I'm pretty sure that I lost another 5 lbs sweating it out... The south is hot. I had a great time though it was great to finally meet you guys.

I made it home fine.after fighting high engine temps the whole trip i finally foung the problem on the way home.After making a timing correction my temps went down about 35 degrees and it was a pleasant trip.Thanks to Couth and John for the help and info on the tuning.The car ran much better on the way home on way less fuel.It was great seeing everyone and i wish id had more time.I hate to hear about the pump Braden.

Tim...You don't think any of my info was helpful on the tuning??? lol...I guess it wasn't was it? Good seeing you buddy. Thx for the speedo...I'm gonna make it work...I hope.

Ahh man sorry to hear that, glad you all made it home though. My pump was screeming like a cheap taiwanese....well you know...but we made it to sc about ten min ago

Hit the dragon on our way out, by far the most amazing ride I've ever had in this car.. No traffic, no cops.. I'm pretty sure that I lost another 5 lbs sweating it out... The south is hot. I had a great time though it was great to finally meet you guys.

You still owe me a ride. :)

Glad you got to enjoy the dragon, and glad I finally got to meet ya, John.

Tim...You don't think any of my info was helpful on the tuning??? lol...I guess it wasn't was it? Good seeing you buddy. Thx for the speedo...I'm gonna make it work...I hope.

Ya Braden it did,because of your helpful comments i decided to put all my faith in them,lol :lol:Ill see ya soon friend

Glad to hear you boys made it back. Mine got a little heated playing with a g35 at about 125. He thought he was going to pull away from me and was dissappointed. Then the yelling started and play time was over. :)

Glad to hear you boys made it back. Mine got a little heated playing with a g35 at about 125. He thought he was going to pull away from me and was dissappointed. Then the yelling started and play time was over. :)

:lol: Nice.

Sorry to hear about your all's troubles. Luckily, mine made it home just fine. Not sure just how long my fuel pump is going to last, but it managed to get me home today. You can add me to that list, though, cause her days are numbered for sure.

Thanks again to Jon and Chris for coming to my rescue on Friday night.

Steve Dunn - if you see this in time, give me a shout. I've got something for you. Maybe I can give it to you as you pass through Knoxville tomorrow.

Had a great time, as usual. It's always a pleasure getting to see new faces and hanging out with everyone. Everyone's cars looked great, too. Would have loved to stay another night, but I had to get back to my lil' man. Can't wait till next year!

Ken B.

All I can say is "AIR CONDITION"...we made it back without any issue. Car ran fantastic on the half put together MPI. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif

Nice seeing some new and old faces.

:) you just can't put into words just how much diff the MPi maks on these motors , it's like you are driveing a completely diff auto with a v8 in it ;)

wait, did you have the orange one?

Yes, his was the orange with lambo doors.

My trip home was fine, no troubles. I had such a blast this weekend, it was great to hang out with the SQC crowd again.

Someone needs to get me the name of the "Turbo" door handle font, please. I'm wanting some decals for my handles that say "Snail" thanks to Josh and his "Lambo" door handles.

Had a great time, everyone!

PF12, anyone?

Great seeing everyone again and meeting more new club members. For those of you we did not get to say "so-long and see you next year", consider it said NOW!

BlueCook and I took the long way home like Corvette and road the Dragon. Had to deal with a little traffic and hot temperatures but it was still a great ride. I attempted to take some video of a portion of our Dragon run and will get BlueCook to post it somewhere everyone can see. Ultimately we made it home without any problems.

Sorry you guys had issues but glad you made it home safely......

Also, it sounds like we are going to have to put a little effort towards finding a fuel pump that will tolerate the heat and ethanol, soon to be 15% allowable!!! Thanks to our illustrious politicians. Not my first choice of adjectives, but trying to keep it clean. LOL

Later,

Someone needs to get me the name of the "Turbo" door handle font, please. I'm wanting some decals for my handles that say "Snail" thanks to Josh and his "Lambo" door handles.

Had a great time, everyone!

PF12, anyone?

I can make ya some. I'm the guy who did his "LAMBO" ones.

you don't need any special or super fuel pumps , after all didn't the oem pumps manage to last 20 years ,,:)

what you need to do is service you fuel system properly and renew an old tire'd fuel pump with a good quality new one ;)

it's more of a procrastination thing then a pump thing http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif