RADIO HARNESS COLOR DIAGRAM

jcstarion88

i know; the power, acc, and the speakers, but i need the rest too. for example the antenna one..

pics...

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/jcskaterdude/IMG_20110614_193324.jpg

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/jcskaterdude/IMG_20110614_193345.jpg

lmk guys

thanks

JuanC>

why do guys do that,, you can pick up an adaptor plug at any auto sterrio shop and leave the oem connector alone

please note,,the lights on signal wire is not a power feed wire, it's a ground signal wire , and is diff from the dim radio control lights when driveing with head lamps on

the instrument lamps are control'd by the dimmer control it's on the ground side NOT the power feed side , most after market radios use a power to this lead and that burns out the fader swt , best to just leave that wire disconnect'd if useing an after market radio , take extra care when looking for a power feed for the radio face lamps

the on/off swt on the quest radio is a ground swt not a power feed as your use'd to seeing , that don't change how it's wire'd, only info

if your dash won't light up the previous owner probably tried using the diommer wire and fried the dimmer switch. do not use the dimmer wire at all. and black with a red stripe is your ground wire. antenna is blue and white.

side note the oem power antena has power all the time,,the radio signal wire is to trigger the power antena relay to send power to the motor to extend the antena,, once extend'd the relay trips and shuts off , turn the radio off and the relay ground signal goes away and the relay runs the antena back down to the default position

where the relay again trips at the bottom

if the cable inside the anterna breaks the motor will continue to run for ever ,because it never stops and can not cause an overload

it works some what like the power window swts , the relay reverse's the power flow and also trips open when it has an over load (cable stops)

after market radio's do not all work the same way , it depends on how their power antena's relays are wire'd

if your dash won't light up the previous owner probably tried using the diommer wire and fried the dimmer switch. do not use the dimmer wire at all. and black with a red stripe is your ground wire. antenna is blue and white.

thanks for that info,

question; so i need a new dimmer switch? to make my dash light up?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...