1987 Chrysler Conquest - 2jzgte VVTI - Needs Work - Virginia - $5400

vanillagorilla

I’m a selling a 1987 Chrysler Conquest. Car is located in Northern Virginia about 30 miles south of Washington D.C. I purchased this car about 4 months ago and due to some big life changes I simply don’t have the time, energy, storage or desire to get this car where it needs to be. I bought this car already swapped so I am sure there are quite a few questions I won’t be able to answer. Contacting the previous owner is not something I am able to do. I’m happy to take pictures of whatever you may wish. Just be as specific as possible.

Car is not currently running. It needs the battery hooked back up and a new fuse block. Car had an electrical short which caused the fuse to catch fire. Car still turns on when the battery is hooked up but I haven’t fixed the electrical issues. Car has a lot of little issues that need to be addressed. It was probably put together too hastily. I don’t think a great attention to detail was given in the build.

The car has a Virginia title but there is a mileage discrepancy between the title and odometer. The previous owner wrote the mileage in but it was difficult to read. Virginia Motor Vehicles couldn’t tell if it was a 7 or a 9. They wouldn’t come out to look at the odometer and they do not have a service center that I could take the car to and verify the mileage. I just told them to put a 9. They reluctantly agreed. So the title says 196,XXX but the car actually has 176,XXX. I don’t think this would even matter to a potential buyer but just want to be upfront.

MILEAGE: 177,000 (just under)

PRICE: $5400

RUNS: No

ENGINE MODS: 2jzgte VVTI engine swap, R154 transmission, Mishimoto intercooler, Mishimoto Radiator, Single turbo conversion (ebay T70), AEM Fuel/Ignition controller, HKS blow off valve, Unknow exhaust manifold with divorced DP and unknown exhaust (no muffler).

STEREO: Kenwood DDX419 head unit, Kenwood rear speakers (unknown model) Optima Yellowtop D34-78

BODY: Has an 83 hood and SHP wheels. 83 hood has about a 3 inch spot of rust underneath but has been painted over. I don’t see any rust on the body but I haven’t really gotten underneath it. Paint is extremely faded and slightly mismatched. Engine bay was repainted black but not a great job. Lower spoiler has been cut to accommodate the IC piping. Car has a dent in the rear passenger quarter. There are small holes on each fender and door. It looks like there was some type of molding on the car that was taken off. Front windshield is cracked and needs to be replaced.

INTERIOR: It’s black and in poor shape. Front seats need to be redone. Missing A pillars. Driver side auto seat belt doesn’t work. Gauge cluster is cracked. Some of the interior pieces are decent and just need a good cleaning. Interior in trunk has been taken out.

OTHER KNOWN ISSUES: Steering is touchy. Shakes at about 55MPH. Lower radiator hose has a slight leak. Both front tires need to be replaced. Wiper motors are slow. Upper power steering reservoir hose needs to be replaced. Not sure if Oil pressure and temp gauges are hooked up. Engine wiring is pretty messy. Battery was relocated to trunk but needs to get redone. Has a Mishimoto radiator which holds the coolant but the original radiator is still in the car even though it isnt cooling anything. It seems to be supporting the fan. The Misimoto radiator has two fans on it but they don’t seem to be connected to the sensor.

Things I don’t know but wish I did;

How much life or what type of clutch is in it

Size of the injectors and what fuel pump is in the car

Mileage on 2jzgte and transmission

I am sure that most will find my price too high. I added of all the components to the car and I feel this price is fair. If the car doesn’t sell in the next three months I will probably part it out. Please don’t email/PM/reply asking for parts. I will repost when I decide to part it out. I wouldn’t be able to keep track of who wants what. I prefer email but you are welcome to PM me. My email is early56@hotmail.com

If someone local is interested in the car it can sit where it is for a few weeks if you wanted to work on it so you could drive it home. It is outside but you’re welcome to use my fridge to store your lunch and use my facilities to relieve your shelf should needed.

I realize the ad needs many more pictures and i will get them posted tomorrow or the next day a the latest.

post-6247-0-48424300-1424062730_thumb.jpg

post-6247-0-31544900-1424062754_thumb.jpg

post-6247-0-60661500-1424062765_thumb.jpg

Edited by vanillagorilla

• 5 months later...