I want to rebuild my Dad's car

Rozi30214

Hello! I am not new to the forum but I am new to posting here. My dad has had his beloved Mitsubishi Starion since he brought it brand new in 1985. In February of 2014 we had a bad storm in Georgia and a tree came down on his beloved car. He was in the process of fixing it up with a guy known around town as Phil the Starion man. Phil is a loser in my opinion because if he could have fixed my dad's car in a timely matter then my dad could have moved it before the storm hit and before the tree came down on top of it. Now my dad is depressed because he might have to part with his car and sell it for scrap. This car has been in life for about 30 years. I will be 35 this year. I made it my mission to try and see if anyone out in the Starion land knows anyone who can put his car back together. My dad is willing to pay he just wants to ride again. Any help that anyone can provide would be awesome!! I thought about writing to some of the car shows out there to see if they can help but I don't know where to begin. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Oh and if anyone knows Phil from Ellenwood, GA that says he is a pure Starion Man please tell him to bite me and that I do not welcome his friendship... Thanks!!!

post-13178-0-93323200-1420563397_thumb.jpg

post-13178-0-87420900-1420563407_thumb.jpg

post-13178-0-85303600-1420563419_thumb.jpg

The pics tell an emotional story, definitely grabs at the heart strings. I feel for you.

The damage looks intense but if in reality it's just the roof and glass, I'm sure you can source a roof cut and glass from a mamber here, maybe even in your area. Post something in the parts wanted thread and see if you can get some response. A quality body shop can replace the roof, and after paint it may be just fine. It's not going to be cheap, but collision shops fix some gnarly damage pretty regularly and trees fall on cars all the time. It would be a tragedy to scrap that car with all those memories attached to it.

I have a roof for you in NC. I have a hood also, and probably have most anything else you will need for parts. Just get a list together and we can work it all out. PM me to discuss it, if you're interested.

BC_99

Edited by BC_99
  • Like 1

I have a roof for you in NC. I have a hood also, and probably have most anything else you will need for parts. Just get a list together and we can work it all out. PM me to discuss it, if you're interested.

BC_99

Thank you soooooooo much for your reply! I would love to talk to you more about it!!

• 2 weeks later...
So you need a hood, header panel, passenger door and glass. They can probably pull the roof out, but if you can source one even better. Gonna cost some bucks but sentimental value is priceless.