$20 clutch pedal slop fix

Squrlsquash

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag24/Squrlsquash/Mobile%20Uploads/B4B7AA79-DCD5-45D6-9C4B-E4AD6FC8671D_zpsy4ueswry.jpg

I'm back and have several kits ready to go

Comes with a new pin (polished, hardened steel -grade 12.9- with new washers and clevis clip)

Also comes with 3 graphite finished bearings, (2 for the clutch master cylinder arm, 1 for the pedal itself)

This pin WILL NOT wear out like the factory one, and these bearings can be replaced if they ever round out.

Kit prices (shipped lower 48) right now:

$20 for everything but the drill bit

$25 with drill bit

Send (AS PAYMENT) to

Aaronwork4@gmail.com

Please include in paypal memo:

Sqc name

What you're ordering

Name & Address

To install:

Remove the pedal pin

Remove pedal

Mark position of lock nut (behind the clutch pedal adjustment) leave locknut in place (maybe dab with loctite to prevent movement)

Unscrew the Clevis Arm (round part with rubber bushing inside that attaches Master Cylinder to the Clutch Pedal)

Take Clutch Pedal and Clevis Arm to your workbench

Drill new holes with 12mm OD bit and press in supplied bearings

Use hacksaw or grinder to remove excess bearing that goes through the other side

Test fit and Reinstall.

Comments, Complaints & Tips always accepted

Edited by Squrlsquash

This definitely helped my car out. Kept having a small "pop" as the pedal came up near the top. A good buy for the price.

Mine has a slight pop after the install. But it's due to the new clevis part making contact with the pedal when it's fully disengaged.

Back on topic though. Got my kit all installed over the weekend. I also put bearings in the main pivot up top. Everything is nice and tight now! Thank You!

I have some pics I'll post up at some point.

I will say the install was a bit more tricky than I thought it would be. Getting those bushings pressed into the clevis from the inside is some kind of trick! If I did it again I would have ground the bushing down first instead of bending the clevis apart a bit to get them in.

I recommend using loctite on all of the bushings when you press them in to make sure they stay nice and tight. Not that they are going anywhere if you drill carefully and use a drill press.

Great product and a good dude to deal with!

aknorthstar, i can check costs based on your zip

just didnt want to get stuck with more shipping costs than i was anticipating

maybe i should clarify that i'd just like to check the price if its going outside of the lower 48, it may be the same.

Thanks for the interest and the comments

Ah psu, i have a trick for pressing them in

I've found channel locks to be quite helpful with this job

Need a piece of metal or something with a hole just larger than 12mm to put on the inside (or outside) of the clevis arm from the clutch master cylinder

So when you press in the bearing it has someplace to go (without bending the clevis arm)

Still haven't decided if its easier to press in the bearings from the outside of the clevis arm in, or press from the inside and have the extra bearing easier to cut off on the outside.

I will take some more install photos soon to help with install issues

also,

Clicking when the pedal is disengaged?

What is hitting what?

It has nothing to do with the bushing install. The top of the clevis on the pedal side of the round part that has the rubber in it, right after the crimps has a lip of metal the whole way around. That part makes contact with the pedal and pushes the rod down just enough so the mushroom end of the rod doesn't sit in the cup of the master. It clicks as you just touch the pedal when the rod moves into that cup in the master. I need to pull the clevis back off and file off that top lip on the clevis. I just don't have the ambition to stand on my head right now. Being 6'3" makes it a sucker to get my lanky arms in a good position to reach around down there lol

I'll grab a pic when I get to it

Glad to hear it wasn't a product problem

Reminder: Have several kits ready to go

price includes pp fees, shipping, everything

Install can be done without removing clutch hydraulics fyi-

only have to screw off the clevis arm from the clutch master cylinder, as detailed in instructions

Sent-

Thanks screemin

FYI temporarily out of drill bits, new batch on their way

If you order a $25 kit (w/ drill bit) it will just be a few days before i can send it- and i will PM to let you know

$20 kits unaffected and still ship immediately

Thanks for the interest and orders

• 1 month later...

Received got a big order of drill bits and have a few kits ready to go right now.

But for for the next batch (FYI), the hardened steel shoulder bolts i've been using so far have gone up alot in price

I am unsure if i can find a cheaper supplier or if i should move to slightly lower grade bolts

I will test them out on my car, the graphite bearings should prevent the pin from wearing anyways

Will keep you posted.

Glad I was able to share this fix with you guys, makes our cars a bit less "jalopy-ish" and a bit more solid- haha

Thanks