High Pressure Stainless Line V.S. OEM???

Hey guys, I just had a quick question for some of you guys who know more about the power steering systems in general than I do. Basically I am at the point where I am rebuilding and replacing the pieces for the power steering system and am curious if anyone has opinions about whether its worth replacing the high pressure line for the p/s system with AN fittings and stainless lines V.S. just the oem one. About the only benefit I could see coming from it is maybe a more consistant pressure from the pump to the box and therefore giving a better feel? As I type that it seems like quite a stretch lol.

idk, let me know your opinion, and thanks.

Allen

Hey guys, I just had a quick question for some of you guys who know more about the power steering systems in general than I do. Basically I am at the point where I am rebuilding and replacing the pieces for the power steering system and am curious if anyone has opinions about whether its worth replacing the high pressure line for the p/s system with AN fittings and stainless lines V.S. just the oem one. About the only benefit I could see coming from it is maybe a more consistant pressure from the pump to the box and therefore giving a better feel? As I type that it seems like quite a stretch lol.

idk, let me know your opinion, and thanks.

Allen

The only benefit of the stainless hoses is that don't actually leak like your old stock ones. There's no difference in feel, just the security of not having broken hoses and they look pretty :)

I've had them on my car for years until I went with manual steering.

Zack K.

My power steering has stock hoses and it doesn't leak. And yeah, the benefits would be looks, a feeling of security from new hoses, and easier disconnects.

I'm only talking about people who DO have old hoses that leak. There's nothing wrong with getting new stock OEM hoses or keeping old ones that don't leak (yet) ;)

Zack k.

I guess a follow up or clarification to the question would be....is there any benefit to stainless hoses over remaking the stockers with new high pressure rubber (per the FAQ posted). That's my plan since all stainless lines have rubber/composite inside them, just with the added security, looks, and temperature protections of the stainless sheathing on the outside. Some also have some fiber layers built in also. How much that adds is my question. OEM seems to hold for over 20 years on ave. Mine are good since 87, but showing signs of outer cracking.

I guess a follow up or clarification to the question would be....is there any benefit to stainless hoses over remaking the stockers with new high pressure rubber (per the FAQ posted). That's my plan since all stainless lines have rubber/composite inside them, just with the added security, looks, and temperature protections of the stainless sheathing on the outside. Some also have some fiber layers built in also. How much that adds is my question. OEM seems to hold for over 20 years on ave. Mine are good since 87, but showing signs of outer cracking.

You can't use just ANY stainless hoses, they have to have a Teflon liner on the inside, they're specifically made for PS and other hi-pressure applications, something like 2800Psi. (It's only necessary for the pump-to-gearbox hose, the return one can be regular stainless) That's what I used on mine for years with no problems.

Zack K.