70 trim turbo

im looking to get a 70 trim and i was wondering exactly how the bov works with those as oppose to the stock turbo. my car has a bov on the ovcp and all the t3/t4 manifolds that bolt to the 70 trim have a wastegate on them. is there a way to keep mine? let me know thanks

I guess I'm not really sure what you are asking? The BOV should function exactly the same way with the same connections you currently have. Now if you are currently using an external wastegate and your question is how can you use that with the new turbo then you can weld the arm on the wastegate solid and still run the external. I don't know if that answers your question but I think you may be confusing the BOV and wastegate. One regulates boost while the other releases pressure between shifts or on hard decel.

The wastegate and blow off valve are two diferent parts, but perform similiar functions. The way i understand it. The wastegate regulates the amount of boost (set by MBC or wastegate spring) by redirecting exhaust gases past the turbo, thus raising or lowering the amount of boost by how much is redirected. The blow off valve is used to vent boost pressure already built up when to throttle plate slams shut during a shift and it has no where to go. this pressure would otherwise stall the turbo resulting in the "turkey gobble" you hear about.

I'm not fimiliar with the 70 trim turbo, but you should always run a wastegate of some sorts. And a blow off valve would help prolong the life of the turbo. Hope this helps.

Edited by hschwartz3