• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:15 AM

Contact Scott87Star
he can build you a Megasquirt to do anything.

he can make it fit in the stock ECU location if you like.

read this

http://www.starquest...howtopic=137426

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP
Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!
Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

The Ark was built by amateurs , the Titanic was built by Professionals.

#22 Blackmount

Blackmount

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:18 PM

Thank you kind sir! That will work very well as long as it fits my few small requirements, I sent him a PM asking for details Latest, Greatest and Easiest to use he offers. I haven't inquired about Mega-squirt in close to 10 years, and I remember it was kinda a pain. I'm sure the technology is way better now, and having someone else build it for you takes away 75% of the work!

I'm going to start looking into MPI setups, Anyone make good aftermarket intakes for these STILL or should I just use a Magna Intake like most people?

My Goal is Efficiency, Reliability, and Easy to Service.

#23 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,626 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:03 AM

there was a guy on here that tried the hurricane from Fuel injection pro, one of chads intakes, and the magna.
he felt the magna was better for daily driving and had better low end torque. the other 2 were better for all out performance.
I cant give any advice I have yet to have a MPI car. but I have used Megasquirt
and Scott will provide the best support for the megasquirt.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP
Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!
Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

The Ark was built by amateurs , the Titanic was built by Professionals.

#24 Blackmount

Blackmount

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

I still want to complete this, but I am on the edge of just selling it for cheap to stop worrying about it...Not because I don't want it... I am just unmotivated to finish it, and I always see this nice clean running cars for sooooo cheap.

The engine i bought was too trashed to do just a light rebuild on.... So I have been heavily unmotivated to do anything with it lately...

I contacted my machine shop about what he wanted to do with it...So I will see his response... The crank will need to be ground, or at least polished.... I need to replace the pistons, and find a new core head still.

Edited by Blackmount, 09 March 2017 - 05:40 PM.

#25 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing
  • Model:Starion

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

SWAP IT. It'd be cheaper to put a 1UZ in there than to MPI it probably by the time you were done with a rebuild.

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#26 Blackmount

Blackmount

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:02 AM

I have a very strict rule about swaps with car. I always keep the same brand engine in it that it came with. So Engine swap options are Mitsubishi only. 4G63, 6G72, 8A80, etc.

I am going to stick ti the G54B though.

last week I purchased new Pistons from Dad, and sent the old ones with rods off to my machine shop to have them fitted, resized, etc with ARP Rod studs.

I had them back from him same day, and they looked excellent!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am in Houston Texas on business so I won't be able to assemble the bottom end, but when I get back... I'm sitting here order parts for the car as we speak.

I figured with Texas/Houston being the size it would, I would maybe get lucky on some craigslist deals for parts or maybe a whole car to bring back with me. I can't believe there was not 1 single search result between Houston and Dallas. searching for Conquests or Starions

Edited by Blackmount, 02 April 2017 - 10:04 AM.

#27 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:33 AM

Yeah my buddy is like that with Toyotas. Same brand swap only. Easy for him to say though, look at the motor selection lol.

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#28 Blackmount

Blackmount

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

Mitsubishi Engines are extremely good and overbuilt... I do not believe they are any better or less then anything Toyota offers.

The 4G63 has two less cylinders and is every bit as competitive as majority of the V8s and Turbo 6 Cylinders in the world both modified and stock, the 6G7X won't make the peak HP the 2JZ can make on similar setups, but the 2JZ won't make the Torque the 6G7X Makes... Both can handle 800+hp on a stock long block and be reliable.

Just Mitsubishi's themselves are not the best quality vehicles, and become very cheap with time.

Because they get cheap, lots of people who want to go fast for cheap buy them, and end up blowing them up because they used the cheapest parts, didn't do any maintenance, and had no idea how to tune it right, then go blaming the car/engine for their mistakes and giving them a bad name.

/rant

#29 Blackmount

Blackmount

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:50 PM

I still have this car... I won't lie - it has been tough to stay motivated... Between tracking down the parts I need to put the car together, and the car being in a storage unit making it a pain in the tail to work on, and extremely easy to forget about... it's just been hard.

I actually put the car up forsale twice.... absolutely loosing my tail on it too.... both times it was nothing but terrible trade offers, or kids who wanted it but didn't have the money...

each time I got so annoyed with people wasting my time I pulled the ad down and said "f*** it, I'm going to keep it"

So now I recently moved into a new place with some extra garage space so I can bring the car home.... but after some long thought and research, I decided to take a slightly different approach with the car... It's not conventional, and most will probably be like "...unsubscribe" but I will still be keeping the G54B... I have a strange attraction to it for some reason...

but here are some teasers...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 TheDemon

TheDemon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Wrenching, Gaming, cars

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:22 AM

I hope you're not planning on going N/A with the g54b... I see ITBs and no plenum for induction

Im only saying that because the motor will be a dog as its a huge iron anchor used in forklifts sans turbo

Edited by TheDemon, 19 July 2017 - 12:25 AM.

- The Demon
89 Black Conquest TSI SHP 5-speed - Restoration
97 Red Talon ESi - RIP

#31 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

I'm most interested in where you found that intake adapter. But really whatever you have planned I say go for it.

Do you plan on coming to the All Mitsu Cookout this year?

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#32 Blackmount

Blackmount

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:59 AM

View PostTheDemon, on 19 July 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

I hope you're not planning on going N/A with the g54b... I see ITBs and no plenum for induction

Im only saying that because the motor will be a dog as its a huge iron anchor used in forklifts sans turbo

You would be amazed what you can get out of an engine just by opening up the intake.... I look at it this way, the Magna made 130hp/160tq out of the 2.6L.. based on what i read aroudn, people were getting 150whp+ out of them. NA Carbbed on other platforms...approx 180hp. That isn't too bad if I can do that Cam, Port work, a very serious Intake, and a good set of headers.

But this isn't a forsure plan yet.... I still have it in the back of my head to put my 3.0L block together instead and go back to doing a 72 swap like I originally planned now that I have a transmission that bolts up, that was my biggest hang up on the swap in the past...

So it all depends how the next few weeks go really and how I feel about it. I'm not 100% sure I can even get that manifold anymore

View Postspeedyquest, on 19 July 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

I'm most interested in where you found that intake adapter. But really whatever you have planned I say go for it.

Do you plan on coming to the All Mitsu Cookout this year?

I would like to, but it is hard for me to plan that far ahead right now. If I do I will probably be in one of my 3000GT's. Curtis (The Host) is a friend of mine.

AS far as the manifold goes, Weber makes it. You can find the DCOE kits all over the place, but you can get just the manifold for like $350 from Recarb.

#33 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

Well if you end up going definitely come find me so we can talk. I'd enjoy meeting a fellow member, especially one so close.

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#34 EVOMINUS

EVOMINUS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:STARQUEST..........

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:02 PM

Do you have an account either  on face or insta to see pics of your car because posting pics here seems to be a very difficult thing...

Edited by EVOMINUS, 26 September 2017 - 02:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users