4.3/th400 turbo Syclone engine swap

LEPORE

lately i have been selling off a few parts to fund my 4g63 swap and just about ready to pull the g54b and trans out of my 89.

come to find out the guy that was to sell me his 91 talon motor (4g63 bolted to a th400 w/Bill Hinchers trans adapter) backs out, surprise! :mad: so i start to cruise the the forums looking for a replacement,with no luck.

then i start thinking 3.8 Grand National motor...?? after looking into that possibility i found that it will work but with to much modification. i would need about 3 feet between the strut towers to make it work. the Buick V6 block is wider that a regular

chevy small block + then you have to deal with the downpipe. back on the hunt...

now i'm thinking 4.3 Syclone/Typhoon B) , thats just a SBC minuns two cylinders. long story short, i find a guy an hour north of me selling his complete 91 Syclone 90k 4.3 700r4 trans harness every thing i'l need for dirt cheap, less than what i would have spent on the 4g swap :party0049: . went to his house today and started and drove his truck, dam thing is fast!! gave him some cash and my motor ect. will be deliverd this weekend.

i will post pictures of my new power plant when it arrives...stay tuned!

Edited by LEPORE

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( that guy just killed a kitten.

Syclones should never be parted.

Not LEPORE... I wouldn't want to offend anyone :rolleyes:

Edited by Sully

it makes me a bit angry that you people are bashing me for buying parts that would otherwise be sold to someone else.

i did not start this topic for you to voice your opinion on wether or not to part out a Syclone. check your NEGATIVE comments at the door!

Edited by LEPORE

i'd sell all my starquests from a TYPHOON. they are just bad as$ trucks

I am SOOOO lame I don't know what truck vehicle that is.

must go learn :emot-bandwagon:

it makes me a bit angry that you people are bashing me for buying parts that would otherwise be sold to someone else.

i did not start this topic for you to voice your opinion on wether or not to part out a Syclone. check your NEGATIVE comments at the door!

If your going to post on a public forum, you have to take the good with the bad.

Good luck with the swap... it will be bad a**. oops.... I mean it should be cool.

I did not start this topic for you to voice your opinion on wether or not to part out a Syclone. check your NEGATIVE comments at the door!

:confused0024: Good luck ? lol on the car.

If your going to post on a public forum, you have to take the good with the bad.

Good luck with the swap... it will be bad a**. oops.... I mean it should be cool.

i'm all for constructive criticism, good or bad. your comment was neither, so your piont is mute.....

Sy/ty's although rare are by no means a numbers matching hemi-cuda. Plenty of them are beat a** rust buckets (their original cladding retained moisture between the cladding and the fenders) that have otherwise good drivetrains. Plus any that were in an accident, etc will make good donors.

I say go for it! The amount of tq those motors produced even stock will make the g54b tremble

you guys are right, a syclone should never be parted out, but dont tell that to LEPORE, the syclone guy was sellin it anyway. im a little jealous. curious, how much was the motor with tranny anyway?

Graham

Thats sweet man, those things are nasty. Who cares about the truck, yeah there cool,but its just a blazer.

Actually its a Sonoma B)

Edited by Sully