wiper motor bracket cover thing. Its ugly how do I get it off???

flattiefan

Just like the topic title says im trying to get my windshield wiper motor cover off. Its the ugliest thing in the engine bay. I have a bunch of other stuff going to powdercoat and dang it... it needs to go too.

so far I have the wiper motor and the cover un bolted from each other. but I cant figure out how they come apart.

Ill put some pics up if needed

Any help would be very appriciated

The way I do it is I pull it towards the passenger fender until it snaps off. It a plastic clip that grips on to a "ball" that is attached to the wiper assembly. Careful, im sure you can break it. Also ensure that if you rotate the motor arm while its off that its back in the same position when you put it back on. Service manual actually says not to remove it unless you have too lol.

By pull it towards the passenger fender i mean grab the driverside of it and pull away and towards the passenger side (like if you were using a prybar)

Edited by ColdScrip

That was super easy thanks! how dose the arm with the ball come off? i dont even see whats keeping it from sliding off. I guess I dont have to seperate the plate from the motor to just paint it myself but its gunna be tricky