On a quest for a great bulletproof motor.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Fuze

Fuze

AKA @Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing
  • Model:Starion

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:05 AM

View Postjoshtrup, on 25 April 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

- Ported 14g turbo at 15psi

Actually I don't think you'll get anywhere near 300 HP on TBI with a 14G, maybe low 200's HP range. A 14G doesn't support enough airflow to make 300HP. The ones I've seen who have done it used modded 19C's, 18G's with TD06 or TD05H hotsides, or something bigger and non-mitsu. Starquestrescue is one of those people if I remember correctly.

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#22 Bennymac

Bennymac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:02 AM

Hey guys its been a while since we talked about the 2K budget build and somewhat bullet. When I first got the car i didnt realize what a complex piece of machinery these Quests are.the first thing I did was buy a manual and fixed all the vacuum leaks i could find.2nd was the u-joints because the car vibrated above 65mph. Fixed that. #rd was a little more in depth. I had 3 out of 8 exhaust manifold bolts holding the manifold to the head.The rest were sheared off flush in the head. After battling that for a about 2 weeks i was able to install all the correct studs and nuts and washers to .take care of my horrible exhaust leak. after taking the turbo off and being able to access the head bolts i was able to use a reverse threaded drill bit and an eaze out kit. I actually won that round and backed them all out succesfully. Thank goodness.next is the flexible joint in the down pipe. Last but not last. was the reconnecting of some critical wires that feed the Megasquirt ECU that were not properly fused together.I also relocated it back to the factory spot to the right of the passenger side R foot.only leaving a short USB pigtail bareky poking out the plastic panel down by passenger foot.pretty clean I think. Anyway when i can scrounge more money Ill keep going. For now i'm just enjoying spinning it around on the weekend.Thanks for all yourguys input it really does help me decide how far tom go and the next steps to take.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users