AKA #Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing
  • Model:Starion

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

View PostWoody, on 03 September 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

What someone should do is write a forum php script that will go through and replace photobucket prefixes with the new hosting of their choice so people just upload say photo: DSC-08962.jpg to a new host, and it relinks it. Simple string replaces.

http://photobucket.....
replaced with
http://imgur... etc

Now you're talking. Still, I'd cough up $5 a year to pay towards the fee for some dedicated server space for the site to host images. SQC is stuck in an old model from when cloud storage wasn't really popular yet. The file upload limit says it all. Needs it's own modern dedicated storage.

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

#102 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

I'd gladly pay $25.00 a year if I could host pics here.
Run's with scizzor's

#103 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

The size needs to be changed here. I've never been able to upload a pic here.  It always says it's too big.   I've used mspaint and resized it to literally a thumbnail and the bytes was below the 300 limit, and it still says too big.

#104 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostPreludedude, on 08 September 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

The size needs to be changed here. I've never been able to upload a pic here.  It always says it's too big.   I've used mspaint and resized it to literally a thumbnail and the bytes was below the 300 limit, and it still says too big.

Same for me. But if I host them elsewhere & then post here, the size makes no difference. Problem is that my 'elsewhere' site is dying.
Run's with scizzor's

#105 Fuze

Fuze

AKA #Battlemagnet

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts
  • Interests:Chess Boxing

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:25 AM

View PostBradrock, on 08 September 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

Same for me. But if I host them elsewhere & then post here, the size makes no difference. Problem is that my 'elsewhere' site is dying.

Yeah this is because the file size limit is antiquated, from a time when people had like 2 megapixel cameras, before smartphones. Those pics are uploaded directly to starquestclub's server hosting space. SQC has a low limit for storage apparently or it was just never updated. You can link a pic from another host easily as it uses none of sqc's server space, it's located someplace else. The best solution would be for SQC to raise the file upload limit to something like 5MB from 300kB so everybody wouldn't have to upload pics at other places but it is what it is.

Insta = @battlemagnet

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users