• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 myerstek

myerstek

• Newbies
  • PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 03:16 PM

2jz SWAPPERS where are you getting your engines?
I assume the full engines off eBay etc etc
But how about an lexus IS300 na engine with a turbonetics kit?

All the swaps  am looking at are single turbo anyway too.

Thanks !

#2 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorcycles, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, snowboarding, golf, billiards, bowling, forums, volleyball, Boston sports teams...Anything fun and mechanical.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:37 PM

The is300 and newer sc300 2j motors are vvti which works better to spool turbos. Downside is that the vvti rods and pistons are weaker than non vvti. Non vvti rods (think early sc300) are identical to the GTE rods.

Doing an aristo ecu swap is in your best interest if you want a smooth running car with no tuning. Otherwise, pick up a JDM aristo motor and ecu combo and be done with it.

'89 Starion SHP...FIP MPI, 3" Exhaust, TEP Cam, Turbonetics 11021-BB T3/T4 Turbo, Treadstone Manifold, 75# injectors, Mookeeh Sway Bars, GC Coilovers, Saleen Replica Wheels, the list goes on...AND IT FINALLY RUNS!!!

http://i512.photobuc...pg?t=1339849860

#3 myerstek

myerstek

• Newbies
  • PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:09 PM

polarisman14, on 22 November 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

The is300 and newer sc300 2j motors are vvti which works better to spool turbos. Downside is that the vvti rods and pistons are weaker than non vvti. Non vvti rods (think early sc300) are identical to the GTE rods.

Doing an aristo ecu swap is in your best interest if you want a smooth running car with no tuning. Otherwise, pick up a JDM aristo motor and ecu combo and be done with it.

So something like this and use all the aristo wiring and ecu?
https://www.ebay.com/i/113719643657

I see quite a few is300 owners running turbo kits on stock Lexus and at high miles too, that's where I got the idea of just grabbing an IS300 engine

Edited by myerstek, 23 November 2019 - 07:11 PM.

#4 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorcycles, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, snowboarding, golf, billiards, bowling, forums, volleyball, Boston sports teams...Anything fun and mechanical.

Posted 24 November 2019 - 08:45 AM

Yeah, the aristo has the same motor as the JDM supra (8.5:1 compression ratio, 440cc injectors, twin turbos, oil squirters, easily 700+HP capable stock) and the bump on the front of the valve cover in what you sent me shows it is vvti so it will spool a bigger turbo (62+ mm) quickly.

If you stick with the stock motor (10:1 CR, 330cc injectors, non turbo, no oil squirters, ~400hp capable stock) you will have to run some kind of piggy back ecu (fair drivability) or stand alone (excellent drivability) and have to redo the fuel system to run any more than say 8psi.

Third option is swap in a non vvti from an early sc300 (10:1 CR) and do the aristo ecu swap from an early aristo or non vvti JDM supra. This takes the stock distributor and removes the cap and rotor, leaving the body and sensor so you can adjust stock timing, since it thinks it has 8.5:1 compression and needs less base timing. It swaps out the ignitor, coils, etc to run wasted spark ignition and upgrades to 440cc injectors and MAP Sensor.

I am running this setup on my sc300 and drivability is stock, just now has a 66mm turbo. It's a bit lazy to spool with no vvti, but the high compression helps. Makes 12psi at the manifold at under 4000rpm. If your goals are 500-600 this is a great and cheap option if you can wire stuff and read diagrams. I would suggest a s257sxe turbo if you want something that can fit under the stock crossover style intake manifold and still make solid power, and spool quicker. It's a well documented swap on the clublexus forums. It responds well to piggy back ecu mods with 550cc injectors as well. The JDM 6 speed supra ecu is preferable as the redline is 300ish rpms higher and the ac compressor circuit doesn't need an inverting relay to remain functional, but the aristo one is half the cost.

Good luck!

Edited by polarisman14, 24 November 2019 - 08:49 AM.

'89 Starion SHP...FIP MPI, 3" Exhaust, TEP Cam, Turbonetics 11021-BB T3/T4 Turbo, Treadstone Manifold, 75# injectors, Mookeeh Sway Bars, GC Coilovers, Saleen Replica Wheels, the list goes on...AND IT FINALLY RUNS!!!

#5 myerstek

myerstek

• Newbies
  • PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:27 AM

so seems like  a 2jzge with aristo ecu is what you have ?

Edited by myerstek, 27 November 2019 - 08:32 AM.

#6 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:09 AM

Yeah I have a 92 SC300 with non vvti stock ge engine and aristo ecu.

#7 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 08:50 AM

Yes, I have a 92 sc300 with the factory 2jz ge and an aristo ecu swap. If you look up TT ecu swap on the clublexus forums you'll find everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users