Number 6, hopefully it lasts the longest!

BOOSTED88tsi

So i had the 03 cobra, parted it out and got a $1500 crx to get good gas mileage. That didn't last long as it got boring fast, put the crx up for sale on craigslist. I get a random text one day asking if i would like to trade for "a rare drift car" haha, no info other than that. So the next day im driving this thing home http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/22320_4924345234960_524255837_n.jpg

Oh did it have soo many problems, thanks to the previous owner not knowing what he was doing at all. First thing i noticed was it ran HOT, like over half on the temp gauge when it was 48* outside and i was cruising at 75. So i picked up a sr aluminum radiator, that cleared the over heating up perfectly, runs a tick over the closed loop line on the gauge now. It also spit soo much oil out of everywhere. First thing i fixed was the rear cam seal, i could pus**** back and forth about 3/4 of an inch, then scott realized the rubber part of the front crank seal wasn't even there. We pulled the old seal and the rubber part was sitting behind the front cover haha, also the valve cover leaked a crap ton. After all that the car went from leaving a 3 foot wide circle of drops of oil to a quarter sized drop. Thats coming from the oil pan which i noticed is missing a couple bolts, so when i pull it to baffle it i will hopefully be leak free.

We also got this all knocked out the first weekend i had the car

Who ever worked on this car last did a very bad job, me and Jason found and fixed tons of things yesterday. The isc wasn't even plugged in, the vac line going to the foot/face actuator was missing, the waste gate wasn't fully bolted up, the accessory belt was loose and the breather on the VC was plumbed directly into the accordian pipe. It's no wonder the thing wouldn't idle, had no power and smoked lol. I'm surprised the thing ran half way decent. Also the evap lines were wide open!

Last weekend mostly scotty dont with some help from me built a hybrid 2.5/3" exhaust. Amazing how much nicer the car ran after the exhaust. Seriously the nicest/smoothest pulling g54b ive ever seen. For those that don't know it has a fully built/balanced so thats one pro haha.

Today i pulled the tranny, it had a 89 in it, but had no fourth gear which i found here http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/395152_10200125514649122_1977123663_n.jpg

So i put the stock 87 trans back in, i did swap the 89 pan onto it, aswell as did the output shaft seal to try and prevent any future leaks. trans is filled with 80-90 gl4, going to cut a couple of inches out of the stock shifter for a crappy short throw in the morning and bleed the system and it will be all bueno. Also am going to try and do a deck and move the a/c controls tomorrow aswell.

Edited by BOOSTED88tsi
  • Like 1

It's amazing how someone can cause some many problems i didn't have for 4 years in only two months time. Makes me happy that my motor is in te right hands now. I know Jason will be able to give it a beating and still keep it running right.

yeah i need the side pieces bad! Its got a 2.5 downpipe to a 3 inch back. Also forgot to mention, the timing was 10* off, the ruber shift boot to the out side was literally just sitting there, and the + wire from the battery to the starter was not bolted on. Just sat there, which would be why the car wouldn't start sometimes haha.

Oh and this is the plan for the car...

http://imageshack.us/a/img38/4152/greenkc.jpg

Edited by BOOSTED88tsi

• 2 weeks later...

got my s16g in the mail today, also got a deck and speakers in the car.

Here's the rest of to-do list..

install s16g

baffle oil pan/new pan gasket

pass smog

Need an 87 axle as my bearings are shot due to no dust boot

pressure wash the whole underside of this thing because its disgusting

side pieces to this air dam or a 88-89 airdam

new thermostat housing as mine leaks around the turbo coolant line, install the right coolant hoses for the sr rad

figure out electrical issues

s13 rack install

get the sparco evo ive had for two years installed

coilovers

new tires and rear 8's all around

get it re-tinted

get the hood repainted

maybe a four point and hydro down the road and then profit and drift the crap til something breaks. If its the motor i have a 5.0 in the garage haha.

Edited by BOOSTED88tsi

yeah i need the side pieces bad! Its got a 2.5 downpipe to a 3 inch back. Also forgot to mention, the timing was 10* off, the ruber shift boot to the out side was literally just sitting there, and the + wire from the battery to the starter was not bolted on. Just sat there, which would be why the car wouldn't start sometimes haha.

Oh and this is the plan for the car...

http://imageshack.us/a/img38/4152/greenkc.jpg

There's a guy on here with slime green rims on a white car :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Jason needs a roll bar and a v8 lol, I need rod bearings and an oil cooler :(

Correct, Correct, Correct, Correct, and thicker oil/ baffled pan. I'll update the thread on the coils in a bit but heres some pics.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/BOOSTED88TSI/20130520_173253_zps7dc21048.jpg

Basically s14 coils fit in mookeh camber plates, then s14 spindles, 300zx brakes and the end of a 240sx control arm welded onto the starion arm to get the right ball joint.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/BOOSTED88TSI/20130520_173300_zps66fa252a.jpg

the rears are super easy if you can weld. Chop the bottom half of the original mounts and weld a flat plate on that has a whole saw whole drilled in it for the coil assembly to slide through, then drill 2 holes for the bolts and done.

You see that oil on the floor? thats the reason i need a v8 haha, john are you going to vegas? Maybe we can see if vegas drift is having an event like the last time we were there. I'll get a cage if thats the case haha
Edited by BOOSTED88tsi