starquest newb greenville,sc and my new steal

zhonclaude99

Hey guys, ive just gotten into the starquest community and so far ive enjoyed checking out how different these cars can be. It all started for me when i was doing some part time work for my neighbor and i noticed an older black car sitting behind the neighboring business. thinking it was an older supra or celica i went to investigate and saw that it was a conquest tsi. i fell in love with the car even though it had been sitting in the same place for 6 years. after lots of time i convinced the owner to sell me the car for 500 dollars. he had rebuilt the car from top to bottom and after the rebuild the car had no power and was smoking so he parked it and lost interest. after waxing the car back to life and doing some trouble shooting on the car i found that the turbo was empty...... empty as in it was nothing but a cast shell. nodda! but now since it has been sitting for 6 years stuff has gone bad. the fuel pump has gone out and the tank held half a tank of rotten gas...my hands still have a kinda stinch to them..... after replacing a few little things here and there i plan on a little bigger turbo and doing a maf-t. the engine is completly fresh so i figure running a couple extra pounds wouldnt hurt along with a good tune. i look forward to doing many things to this car and luckily this forum covers every single thing i could ever have a question about. heres the pic of the car straight out of its 6 year long grave and the second pic of its first wash and wax. tell me what you guys think!

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa372/zhonclaude99/conquest3.jpghttp://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa372/zhonclaude99/myconquest.jpg

Nice find, Im just north of you in a small town near Charlotte. Keep in mind that even though the engine is fresh, the gaskets may be old and dried out. Get her running tip top and then start modding. Good luck and you've found the right place if you have any questions. I look forward to having another SQer around NC/SC. cheers,

BC_99

Welcome...

I was in greer today getting a fellow questers car going. Nice to see upstate SC representing so nicely. We will have to all get together soon.

PM me if u got any questions or want to BS.

See ya soon

Jeff

Edited by FRO

Welcome to the forums my friend---make sure that beast is running 100% b4 u start modding it or it will probably end up back where it started--sitting all alone in a driveway or backyard waiting for someone else to start over---dont hesitate to ask anything and read as much as u can on this site and you will be a happy man with a kick tail ride---

gig out