2010 hyundai genesis r spec 19" rims

You'll need spacers for sure if it's 35mm offset, even for the front your gonna want to run at least a 20mm spacer, otherwise it'll look way too sunk in, if it even clear the strut body.

Our stock 16x7's have an offset of +18mm

Edited by D_Venable

They aren't aluminium and they aren't alloy I can't remember what they are made of but they are light. U can pick them up with one finger and not strain urself

Im sorry, but I have to call BS on that statement. There are only a few things that would be lighter than aluminum alloys that could be used on automotive wheels and none of them make any financial sense to use. Magnesium, titanium, or a composite like carbon fiber or kevlar are a couple that come to mind.

here in this article it states that they are machined aluminum.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/2014-hyundai-genesis-a-mixed-bag-of-luxury-style-performance-b9984583z1-221873811.html

cut from the article:

"Braking is good from four-wheel discs brakes, with traction and stability control. The sedan also features 19-inch tires on machined aluminum wheels with a fancy 10-spoke design."

BC_99

Edited by BC_99

Also these genesis 19" rims are super light. The rim itself weighs 12 lbs for the fronts and 14 lbs for the rears

Yeah even as skiny mini as they are, not being forged, and not being to thick there is no way they are getting that light..... I would maybe give them 18-20# range and that's a major maybe.

First of all these are not genesis sedan rims they r genesis coupe r spec rims and they are a composite magnesium they are 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear they are the 5 star doubles and are polished to a near chrome look. And the back spacing on these are close but again I did state that they need a 1" spacer to fit our cars properly. I'm going to make a photobucket acct and post pics soon. And tires are 235/30/19 in the front and 255/35/19 in the rear. I miss posted the tire size. And go on a tire size calculator site and u will see that the tire size is actually about 3/4 of an inch shorter than the factory size on our cars but are wider

Again calling BS

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/hyundai/2010-hyundai-genesis-coupe-r-spec-ar70402.html

cut from this article on the 2010 Genesis Coupe R-spec

"The Genesis R-Spec comes with Track-tuned suspension, 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels.."

No where did I find any information on any magnesium rims on any Genesis coupe or sedan, R-spec or otherwise, from the factory.

Im guessing that is because magnesium is a very dangerous metal to use for wheels or car parts in general. It isn't commonly used anymore in OEM application automotives. It has a lower ignition temperature point than most other metals and it supposedly oxygenates itself as it burns, meaning, once it is on fire it will continue to burn even when little oxygen is present. It will continue to burn underwater for a short while and water spraying on it actually can make it worse. Hence, if a vehicle catches fire with magnesium wheels, the firemen have a harder time putting it out because the water he is spraying on it makes it worse. You tube magnesium fires and see for yourself. Keep in mind that in most of the videos you see, they use a piece of magnesium ribbon, not a big chunk of magnesium. I burned a small chunk years ago and learned enough about it to stay away from using it on any car I own.

BC_99

Edited by BC_99

It doesn't state what the "alloy" compound is. And they still make a magnesium alloy rim for many applications. (Although they are mostly aftermarket) and mine aren't the factory gunmetal color as they were plastic media blasted and polished to a near chrome look. And as for tire size these fit perfect under my car that is cambered and lowered approximately 2"

That was my point, no description I could find anywhere, made any mention of magnesium. I understand that some aftermarket companys still use magnesium and magnesium alloys for wheels, but a major manufacturer very likely wouldn't, based on cost versus aluminum alloys and couldn't because of the liability of putting such a potentially volatile substance into production. I am just really wanting to know where you got the information on them being magnesium. I would still love to see pictures on the car all the same. I am guessing these are the wheels..

https://www.google.com/search?q=genesis+coupe+r+spec+wheels&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=_Z6vUrTeBpTKsQTphoHACw&ved=0CEcQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=775#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=iDRM0SprlZ16EM%3A%3BeMb4laGqsHOQiM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwingsofamerica.net%252Fwp-content%252Fimg%252F2013%252F11%252F2013-hyundai-genesis-coupe-black-rims-a2013-hyundai-genesis-r-spec-coupe-wheels-photo-13-7fw6u5bt.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwingsofamerica.net%252F2013-hyundai-genesis-r-spec-coupe-wheels-photo-13.html%3B1000%3B1500

BC_99