• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rapom

Rapom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:16 PM

Hi everyone. Ive been wanting a starquest since i was 4 when my uncle bought a blue 89 conquest new. Well its 30 years later and i think im going to pull the trigger. Ive found an 89 conquest tsi red with black leather. 116k miles. Looks ok.. has some wheel well rust. Front airdam is cracked bad.the seller took it on trade and knows NOTHING about it. From the pics i got it looks lowered on stock wheels. I cannot tell from pics but the turbo may have been upgraded and i think i can see a fuel pressure gauge near the throttle body area.. this is not idealistic for me but its an 89 complete running/driving manual with blk leather. It had a "hickup" and the guy is "fixing" it.. no idea what. He has not put a price on it yet but i believe it will be between 4 and 5k. Its in the midwest usa. About 6 hours from me.. i will be attempting to drive it home... i dont think i can post pics.. hmm ok i see i can but not from my phone.. will have to turn the stones over and crank start the desktop pc.. this site is really cheap/old school (dont kill me its just an observation)

Edited by Rapom, 25 May 2019 - 12:20 PM.

#2 87redcat

87redcat

10 years and counting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,877 posts
  • Interests:Aircraft Mechanic, having the wife tell you its about time you finished MY car...
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

Welcome, good luck driving home.  Maybe check to see what delivery would run you to be safe
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

#3 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical

Posted 25 May 2019 - 05:45 PM

Welcome to the club.  I rented  a car transport trailer from Uhaul couple of times  it's around $50 or so  Not a dolly!  Easy to load and easy to pull. Just on idea. Good luck and yes we wanna see some pics.

Edited by croquest87, 26 May 2019 - 05:16 AM.

#4 Rapom

Rapom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:10 PM

So ive got him down to 3000 to sell it to me asis running rough.. but he is also getting a BAD case of sellers remorse.. not sure if this deal will go through.. i did contact uhaul.. was like $375 to rent a truck and flatbed for 700 miles i will post pics asap i swear

#5 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical

Posted 25 May 2019 - 08:38 PM

View PostRapom, on 25 May 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

So ive got him down to 3000 to sell it to me asis running rough.. but he is also getting a BAD case of sellers remorse.. not sure if this deal will go through.. i did contact uhaul.. was like $375 to rent a truck and flatbed for 700 miles i will post pics asap i swear
No friends w pick up truck? Be cheaper just some gas and transport  that is if it goes through and all. Good luck

#6 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 09:03 PM

Uhaul car trailer is $60 last few times I rented one.

$3k and as-is doesn't seem like it will make a 6hr drive to your house...

the hesitation/stumble/hiccup is a common problem on these cars.  But it could be many different things.  

#7 Rapom

Rapom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:20 PM

driving me nuts!!! now im on my pc and it will not find my phone so i can not upload pics!! so i bought it!!! $3000, 89 tsi red, black leather. 116k miles, looks fairly stock ish.. has a stainless 3" exhaust with 3" downpipe cat delete, aftermarket turbo pipes.. turbo looks original... so much info! its late and im very tired! i drove 15 hours with u haul truck and trailer got home at 2am, woke up at 6am to work an 11hr shift. a (im a honda mechanic) 34yrs old. anyway.. car is rough.. it needs alot of work. it does run and drive BUT not good.. it needs a full fuel system replacement! the last guy drilled a hole in the bottom of the fuel tank and mounted an external fuel pump then hot wired it to the battery with a switch in cabin. runs good for about 2 minuets then you can hear the fuel pump start to scream and the engine looses power/dies this is all another day.. my big news i JUST found out... although this quest is rough... and i mean rough... i thought my wheels looked a bit wide and suspension was a bit low... yeeeaaaaaaa turns out.... S H P ! door tire sticker states 225 fronts and 245 rears, has an LSD sticker too but maybe all 89's have lsd i dont have a clue YET. i have tons to learn.. AND I NEED TO POST PICS AND CANT!!!!!!!

#8 kev

kev

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,992 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:09 AM

Cool!  With an added plus that it is an shp car

All widebody starquests have LSD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users