18G

TexasQuest

I've done some searching on here and haven't found anyone using an 18g turbo on their car. Is there a particular reason for that? Seems like everyone uses the 14g, 16g & 17c which I'm sure comes down to cost which for me personally I'm willing to spend the money for my car to be a tip top tbi performer. If anyone has experience with the 18g on these cars I'm interested on the findings.....

The 05h 18g is capable of low 300 hp. But it is important to remember that the stock size tbi injectors are only good for about 250hp at a safe afr. It will move a lot of air when it hits its point of rapid spool, and that is a real challenge to tune for on a tbi car. Mine has all ways had wanted to generate a boost spike further complicating the tuning.

Most who run the bigger g wheels end up turning the boost back to a point where they may have been better of with the 16g.

• 1 month later...
I also run a 18G in tdo5 with a clip, all ported up. Loved it. I beleive it was from forced performance

I would not be to quick to clip one of these at least not 15*, I ran in to sever surges problems with a 15* clip on a 05h.

When i read these threads people lump 05 turbos with 05h's, there is a big difference between the two. I suspect many have no clue what turbine they have. The same with 7-1 piston s and 8-1's, they makes a big difference in the spool caricature.

My 18's hit there sweet spot about 19-20 psi, and with the exhaust side freed up (05h or bigger, 3" exhaust ect) an 18 will quickly out run the stock fuel system.