New here, from Denver CO

boosted4g64

Just like to introduce myself, my name is Terry and im located in Denver colorado. I just bought a 1988 Starion, it is my first Starion and im new to them but not cars or wrenching. Im a long time DSM owner, builder and tuner. Im am ASE certified Tech and have been wrenching for 10 years now so i hope i can help some people out here and I can always learn more. I look forward to learning more about these awesome cars and the many swaps and possibilities of these cars

• 1 month later...
Welcome Boosted4g64. Where is the car coming from? Like CrazyQuest said, "Post some pics," when you get the car. Although I shouldn't talk. I haven't posted pics of my second Quest that a bought over a month ago.

Just like to introduce myself, my name is Terry and im located in Denver colorado. I just bought a 1988 Starion, it is my first Starion and im new to them but not cars or wrenching. Im a long time DSM owner, builder and tuner. Im am ASE certified Tech and have been wrenching for 10 years now so i hope i can help some people out here and I can always learn more. I look forward to learning more about these awesome cars and the many swaps and possibilities of these cars

We are on the same boat :) except Im not certified because I work on my own cars. Well I am certified, but in Commercial Arts / Advertising lol. You'll find these cars to somehow surprise you every now and then. Nice to have another grease monkey around. Welcome!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry it's been so long, still don't have a pic to upload but I should soon lol.. To answer your question RR Quest, I got the car from a friend that he had sitting at his shop. Car runs but doesn't drive. either the diff or torque tube is messed up... His buddy was trying to drift and boom... Stopped moving... Driveshaft spins but wheels don't lol. Got a spare diff and torque tube... Just building my 4G64 for it now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry I still have no pics but I do have an update. Turns out the issue was the torque tube. Tested everything threw in a new torque tube and it drove great... Someone on here asked about what I'm doing with my factory motor when I do my swap... I may sell it but haven't decided yet. But all in all the car runs and drives... Now I need an exhaust. Any ideas on where to look or how much a custom one will cost me

• 2 weeks later...
Lol... no way.. the paint is horrible!!! i wanna re-spray her back to the factory black. Get some new rims so they are no longer mismatched. and i put new suspension on it so it sits a bit higher now... to high actually lol. so gotta mod the spring perch to i can lower the coil overs more... oh and i gotta get the front air dam, mine is missing lol

• 2 weeks later...