NEED Crank asap

redTSI99

Alight guys just purchased a 86 conquest tsi..knowing it had a knock tore the block down and found on it #4 rod bearing was spun..took it to the machine shop today and found out #4 journal was 25 thousandths down...so he suggested to find a crank in better conditon...if anyone has one let me know he has my block and pistons just need a crank to get finshed...thanks guys

I just purchased one from O'reilly's Auto Parts, It was 177.00 with bearings. And I was able to get it the same day, they had it in the warehouse. Check that out and see if you have a parts house near by. If not I can get you one here and ship it to you.

Good Luck.

And yes i have already used one of these cranks and have had no problems with it.

I just purchased one from O'reilly's Auto Parts, It was 177.00 with bearings. And I was able to get it the same day, they had it in the warehouse. Check that out and see if you have a parts house near by. If not I can get you one here and ship it to you.

Good Luck.

And yes i have already used one of these cranks and have had no problems with it.

are the cranks...still in standard specs...and have the nitride treating??

Good Luck.

It is most likely a Caravan crank. Those were not hardened and I'm not sure how one would hold up in a Turbo motor.

Good Luck.

It is most likely a Caravan crank. Those were not hardened and I'm not sure how one would hold up in a Turbo motor.

cross refence the two part numbers,,,the part number from a caravan crank and the number for the starquest crank

might be suprized

I don't have any plans for this car being built wise..just a nice little daily driver...what would be the problem with using the caravan crank I know its not treated, but im not looking for anything more than stock...would it be ok to use for what im looking for or should I go the other direction??

There is a reason why turbo cars get the better pistons and crank.

There are also reasons why these cars have a bad reputation of breaking down.

Taking the cheap way out will always cause problems in the future. Get the right parts, spend the cash, and get it right the first time.

JR

ive got an entire engine i pulled out a couple months ago.118,000miles.it was running no knock or rattle when i pulled it out.you can have it for 200 if you want it.im prob the closest.i just need it out of the way.also got a couple parts cars if you need anything else

ive got an entire engine i pulled out a couple months ago.118,000miles.it was running no knock or rattle when i pulled it out.you can have it for 200 if you want it.im prob the closest.i just need it out of the way.also got a couple parts cars if you need anything else

hey man can you send me your address so I can mapquest it...may be the best route to go for me let me know man

Well i wouldnt exactly just throw this engine in and go,but it is a running engine.it did smoke a little but i think it was the turbo.i bought the car and drove it home.its an entire engine minus injectors and turbo.ill pm the address

Alight guys just purchased a 86 conquest tsi..knowing it had a knock tore the block down and found on it #4 rod bearing was spun..took it to the machine shop today and found out #4 journal was 25 thousandths down...so he suggested to find a crank in better conditon...if anyone has one let me know he has my block and pistons just need a crank to get finshed...thanks guys

Ewww, that's scary... Cause mine spun the 4th bearing as well. I hope my crank is ok...

I don't know how long the car was ran after the knock started..all other journals look great...number 4 was gone..it wasnt a pleasant visit to the machine shop

Yea, same here. 1-3 are pretty...#4 is not.... I am thinking I might be in the same boat but won't know until I take it up to the shop.